Lagging video behind audio - help needed (1 Viewer)

sparky21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2010
    Home Country
    Hi Folks,

Sorry I am back with a similar problem of about two months ago. I am getting extreme lag between the audio and video (maybe five or ten seconds delay) I hear the audio well in advance of what I am watching. Fast frowarding puts the two back in sync again, but only then fora short period until I get video lag again.

Really really fustrating.

I have four hours each of the Tour De France to watch and basically can't.

If any of the two kind folk who helped me last time read this. I haven't changed a thing. It was a fantastic base line of preformance that now has slipped back in spite of me not changing a thing. go figure.

Any help or suggestions welcomed. Log file attached.

Movies via Moving Pictures play fine, some lower res TV recordings also work fine, but when I have recorded either large files or HD TV it drives me nuts.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

There are *tons* of late frames in your logs. Do you get the same lag when you watch SBS HD live?

mm

sparky21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2010
    Home Country
    Actually yes I do. I hardly ever watch live TV, much prefering to delete ads from what I want to watch etc. I have also upgraded to the latest Directx driver today. I have attached a new log file accordingly.

SBS plays fine on the other channels just not on HD.

How do I force the software to record the non HD channel as a work around in the mean time? When I try to do an advanced series record it seems the software kind of slects which ever it likes.

Thanks for your assistance!!!!!!!!!!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Actually yes I do... SBS plays fine on the other channels just not on HD...
    Hmmm, well I'm able to watch the Tasmanian feed of SBS HD from Optus D1 without any problem whatsoever. I'm not sure whether this is a feed problem or a codec problem as I don't think there would be late frames listed in the logs if it was simply a codec problem. Obviously you're using a DVB-T feed though so I can't test that directly. Do you think you could upload a short (max 50MB) sample recording from SBS HD to our FTP server? Login details are at the bottom of -->this<-- page.

How do I force the software to record the non HD channel as a work around in the mean time?
    Try unmapping SBS HD from all your tuners.

mm

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Late frames are usually a result of GPU / CPU not having enough power to handle all the tasks. Please tell what kind of system you are using (GPU & CPU at least).

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Late frames are usually a result of GPU / CPU not having enough power to handle all the tasks. Please tell what kind of system you are using (GPU & CPU at least).
    Log says:

AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual Core Processor BE-2350 running at ~2109 MHz.
    ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro

SBS HD is an HD MPEG 2 channel. Requirements shouldn't be as high as for h.264...

mm

sparky21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2010
    Home Country
    The system used to paly the HD stuff just fine. Never had an issue.

I'll have a crack at cutting up some of the .TS file tonight when I am home from work.

Again thanks!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The system used to paly the HD stuff just fine. Never had an issue.

I'll have a crack at cutting up some of the .TS file tonight when I am home from work.

Again thanks!
    Okay. Please also take a look at how hard the CPU, GPU and HDD are working when you try to view SBS HD - we'll need to know that too.

mm

sparky21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2010
    Home Country
    It's not the processor folks, can't be. Everything worked just fine a little while ago, HD the lot. Live feed throuh HD was fine. Logically therefore it just can't be the processor load. In fact I could be watching HD on one channel and recording it without issue on the other.

I haven't loaded anything else onto the processor, in fact have cancelled ICE TV subscription and removed it from the disk, which used to be a TSR. So load on the memory is lighter than ever.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It's not the processor folks, can't be. Everything worked just fine a little while ago, HD the lot. Live feed throuh HD was fine. Logically therefore it just can't be the processor load.
    Something must have changed for the problems to start. Even if it was at the broadcaster's end. My philosophy is that it pays to make sure we cover all bases with a problem like this... even the ones that seem like they wouldn't need to be checked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom