[ATI] laggy video playback after refresh rate change (1 Viewer)

mcmonkey

February 9, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
After changing the refresh rate I get a cpu load up to 100% while playing h.264 videos (Iam not using an external player) and they are lagging very heavy. I have the same problem with the mpc-hc.
The dynamic refresh rate change is disabled. Until now I change the refreshrate via hotkey from the ccc. In the future I want to do this with the dynamic refresh rate changer from mediaportal. After rebooting mediaportal the playback is smooth (cpu load about 0-10%).

My System:
Silverstone GD02-MT
Asus M4A88T-M/USB3 (AMD 880G Chip incl. Radeon HD 4250)
AMD Athlon II X2 260
4x 1GB Kingston Value DDR3
ATI Radeon HD 5750
Samsung SpinPont F3 1TB 5200rpm
Win XP Pro 32Bit
-------
h.264 decoder: ffdshow DXVA (hardware acceleration activated in config)
sound decoder: ffdshow
sound renderer: ATI HD Audio (Radeon HD 5750)

Iam using 2 displays:
1) Epson TW3200 Projector (1080p) -> connected via HDMI to my AVR and the AVR is connected via HDMI to the Radeon 5750
2) iMon 4.3" TouchScreen from the Silverstone (800x600@60Hz) -> connected via D-Sub to the Radeon 4250 from the Mainboard !!

I want to change the refreshrate because the projector has a pulldown feature I dont wanna miss - so I wont using 60Hz all the time.
Has someone an idea why this happens?

mcmonkey

February 9, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: laggy video playback after refresh rate change

I tried it. Onboard off and only one display (the Epson) but still the same problem.
Also noticed that after changing the refresh rate to (for example) 24p, watching a movie and then going back the menu the refresh rate changes automatically back to 60Hz...

Like I said: dynamic refresh rate is disabled !

Any help could be very useful here.

mcmonkey

February 9, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: laggy video playback after refresh rate change

I got it...
The EPU energy saver for the Asus board was the problem.
I have no idea why but it looks like that the EPU engine is turning down the system performance dramatically after changing the refresh rate :mad:

... anyway, now it works fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom