Laptop connected to HD TV which format should I Use? (1 Viewer)

chiefbobkat

Portal Member
November 20, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have an older laptop that has a 4X3 screen.

It has an S-video output that I want to connect to my 16X9 TV

Which skin should I use?

Should I clone the tv output or configure as seperate?

wojciech_ste

Portal Pro
September 30, 2007
Vienna/Austria
Home Country
Poland Poland
HI Chiefbobkat,
Welcome in the MP community,
Using laptopt with 4x3 screen with 16x9 TV means very often problems.
Grafik card is not eable in this case to create the 16x9 picture on your TV. In this case you see only 4x3 picture on your 16x9 TV.
In this case you should use 4x3 skin too.
Some laptops are able to create the 16x9 picture on external monitor/tv in this case you should use also 16x9 skin.

I hope it helps you a little.

dlisalde

Portal Member
June 7, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
If your TV has a DVI, or PC input, you can connect that to your laptop and it will show a 16:9 resolution correctly, then you will be able to use BlueTwoWide (or any other wide skin)

If you laptop have DVI output, you can conect laptop-TV with DVI-HDMI cable.

Howeber every laptop have VGA output, and modern HD-TV have VGA input. I try this and show at 16:9

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 Internet required? DE
Same applies to MediaPortal 1 ;)
Same applies to MediaPortal 1 ;)
Hello, I've been searching for a media server for my home entertainment system for a couple of years. I have changed server...
Replies
Views
Thank you! I guess I was overthinking it.
Thank you! I guess I was overthinking it.
This is apparently such a low level question that it's not even documented that I can find - I apologize in advance for this: I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [solved] Basic audio question... DE
Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo stream, by default, in television also. Thanks for your help. N.
Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo...
Is there a way to set the default audio stream for live TV? The default default, so to speak, for me seems to be English...
Replies
Views
I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
Replies
Views
I had the same feeling about MP1, nothing was working out of the box, it was full of hardcoded dependencies and bugs. That’s how I came to MP2 and I’m very happy with it ;)
I had the same feeling about MP1, nothing was working out of the box, it was full of hardcoded dependencies and bugs. That’s how I...
I've had Media Portal 1 installed on a dedicated desktop computer for at least 10 years now. Sometimes it's a little sluggish, but...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom