Laserdisc -> HTPC (MP) -> TV... (1 Viewer)

Flerbizky

Portal Pro
July 18, 2005
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
As we're currently in the process of (finally) buying a new TV to replace the old CRT (will be min. 1366x768 in resolution), I've started contemplating. As audiophiles, real "Look at me I can spend a billion on equipment" audiophiles, with success, have replaced their $ 40.000 Faroudja line doublers with a PC, a TV card and Dscaler, I want to do exactly that..

Now the thing is.. If I'm using the Hauppauges SVHS input, there's a delay because of the buffer for the MPEG encoder. Now the Buffer can be turned off with a registry setting - also needed when running your PS2 through your PC. Is this setting doable on a single channel in MP ?...

Of course, the easy solution to the above is to also run audio through the Hauppauge card - This will eliminate the need for turning off the buffer as the card itself will delay the audio.. This, however, is not acceptable, as it would effectively limit my LD audio options to Stereo - And since I've spend a small fortune on getting both DTS and DD working from my LDs, it's not a usable option...

So, Gentlemen, how will one go about doing the above ? :)

Cheers,
Steffen

onkl

Portal Pro
February 18, 2005
Wageningen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
You might consider connecting your LD to a secondary SVHS (providing that's available) on your TV directly and use (eg.) the blaster function on a MCE remote to let your TV swich between the two inputs. No delay then, though no nice OSD screens during LD playback eighter.

Flerbizky

Portal Pro
July 18, 2005
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
You might consider connecting your LD to a secondary SVHS (providing that's available) on your TV directly and use (eg.) the blaster function on a MCE remote to let your TV swich between the two inputs. No delay then, though no nice OSD screens during LD playback eighter.

That is true, but then I won't get to use DScalers amazing upscale features - which kinda was the plan.. - And I'll manually have to switch to another audio source on the receiver as well :)

Cheers,
/S

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom