Latest Media Handler v2.4.X.000 (1 Viewer)

styrsven

Portal Pro
January 6, 2013
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
This should be clarified. I would not want to break something that works.

MP 1.13 complains that Argus 2.2.2 is incompatible when I installed it and started MP config.

4TR is not an issue as I found this
My (old) For The Record / ARGUS TV Installation suddenly stopped working
All FTR version and versions 2.01 and earlier of ARGUS TV have an implemented "limited working time" (ARGUS TV 2.01 works until March 2014) to move people to the use of newer versions, which are easier to support. At the time of writing, FTR 1.6.0 stopped its service.
Solution: please upgrade to the newest version of ARGUS TV
in the Argus FAQ: http://www.argus-tv.com/wiki/index.php?title=Frequently_Asked_Questions

If it is OK with you I'll try to make a new attempt that supports Argus 2.3 using .net 4.0 (there will be a problem with the logos, though).

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    If it is OK with you I'll try to make a new attempt that supports Argus 2.3 using .net 4.0 (there will be a problem with the logos, though).
    I do not use the TV, so we need to ask those who use this service. I would not mind if the operability is not compromised.

styrsven

Portal Pro
    January 6, 2013
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have a new version with support for Argus 2.3. It is in the Argus23 branch here:

https://github.com/styrsven/mediaportal-latest-media-handler

I completely removed 4TR, as it is not running anywhere by now (see my previous post).
    Also, I fixed a minor bug. The current version seems to need two recordings before it shows any recordings.
    With this version, it only needs one.
    This version don't need a .NET upgrade, and only includes the official Argus API dlls.
    I had to borrow a few lines from Argus to get the logos visible, but that part of Argus is also GPL code, so I think it is ok.

As I have been running Argus on and off for some time now, I actually don't remember LMH ever working with Argus.
    From the looks of the code, it was just a matter of fixing an if- statement to make it work, but that was never done.
    Anyway, I made a question a few days ago in the Argus forums, but got no reply.

I think this version don't remove any operability, just adds new.

This version has been running for a few days on my HTPC, and I haven't noticed any issues.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I have a new version with support for Argus 2.3. It is in the Argus23 branch here:
    Can you put the version here to test. Who use the TV, check and if there are no problems, do pull request.

styrsven

Portal Pro
    January 6, 2013
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Ok, here is my modified version of LMH. The source code is available under the Argus23 branch in the link in my previous post.
    The change is that Argus 2.3 is supported. I have removed support for older Argus versions, because
    1. I don't think it ever worked, and
    2. it would be very difficult (= exceed my .NET/c# skills) to support both versions.
    Also there is one minor change, LMH now only needs to find one recording to show recordings. It previously needed two.

What I would like to know is if the standard MP TV-server still works OK, if the Argus 2.3 support works for anyone else, and if there are any problems unique to this version of LMH.

Hopefully, we can get this fix in the official LMH build.

To test it, do like this:
    In
    Code:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process

rename LatestMediaHandler.dll to LatestMediaHandler.dll_org and put the unzipped version of the attached dll there and restart MP.

Attachments

• LatestMediaHandler.zip
      242.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom