latest stable release, 0.7.5 in basic home? (1 Viewer)

frank75

Portal Pro
August 6, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Is it possible to have moving pictures in basic home screen?

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Yes. The "how" depends on the skin you use.

EDIT: Eh .... wait ... did I just misunderstand what you were asking for? Do you mean 1) A "shortcut" to MovPic (making it accessible via basic home), or 2) Make MovPic you "home" screen (or similar).

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    As far as I know there is no official way to add Moving Pictures to Blue3Wide Basic Home and a search of the Blue3 subforum yielded no result. So to do this will probably require you to manually modify the XML files yourself. You may want to ask over on the Blue3 subforum though, it seems to me that someone else out there has probably already done this and they may be willing to share their results.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi. If you are fine with swapping "My videos" for MovingPictures, I can do that for you (edit basic home XML, that is :p).

EDIT: I did it just in case. Replace the XML below with the one found in B3wide folder (go Start ->-> MediaPortal -> User files

Attachments

• BasicHome.xml
      30.6 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    You can also use "MultiShortcut", which is how I got Hulu Desktop to be inside the Home screen. Search the forum on MultiShortcut and you will find the DLL file to download and instructions on how to use it, but Spragleknas skin ID fix is probably a lot easier for you to use.

Users who are viewing this thread