Latest SVN almost crash proof. Good Work peoples ;) (1 Viewer)

Paul Phillips

Portal Member
June 18, 2006
Though it did crash on one of my video files. And still crashes the same way to a black screen. But atleast i can getout of it with Control Alt delete now.

Still testing but it seems to play 99% of my video files. Ive got lotsof smallish video files. Mostly celeb files, game video demo stuff ect. Their is no probs on the big video files just the smallones. As i think they are the ones that would have different codec and make more problems.

Can someone tell me where the error log is and if it shows the last file being played. Woudllike to know this so i can delte that video file. If i dlete or move the files causing th eproblems i shoudl not get a crash or very rarely.

Thanks.

Still testing the HD TV tuner though. Wondering if it will just stop working and loose siginal like it used to.

Though i must admit i ws using the Original latest release with no SVN updates. Just got wind of SVN updates. I just updated my MP right up never bothering to back anything up :)

Keep up he good work. MP is the best HTPC software their is by a long way.

Thanks all.

Broceliande

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2006
    All the logs ar in MPdirectory\log....
    Would'nt you be haunted by our #21 ghost.....
    There was a strange issue that was making MP crash or flicker after 21 channels changes, or 21 video plays......
    If you're using the very latests svn it should have gone, except if you use intervido as video decoder for movies, tv ( not fixed yet for intervideo ) ....
    Can you check that.
    The very latests svn also improved signal handling

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm also amazed at what is (even in SVN) the most stable build of MP EVER! Very happy to be a part of the project right now.

I'm downloading the latest SVN tonight before going away for two weeks and leaving my flatmates to try to crash it. I'm currently running an SVN from about a week ago when I did a reformat, something I highly recommend to clear out weird bugs!

By the way Broceliande, I do a double take every time I see your name on the forums and mistake it for my own!

Paul Phillips

Portal Member
    June 18, 2006
    Yeah i can crash MP. But i know what crashes it now so i avoid it. I was having problems with the TV just dieing and need a reboot to fix it. It even killed my Other Tv viewing Program for my TV Tuner card :(

Also problems with Video files just crashing Quartz.dll. That seems to be fixed. I think you can start charging for it now. I would buy it 19.95 anyone. Maybe then you can get some of the more needed features and bug testing better.

Ive been viewing Tv over the last day and no probs at all. Had a few momenets when the Channels took way to long to load or just did not load. But just switch to the next channel and back fixed it and no lock ups or forced reboots needed. WOOO HOOOO. As i will be using it mostly for watch Digital and HD Tv this is great.

I love you all MP team :)

fathead

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2005
    I loaded the SVN last night & was mighty impressed with the start up load time! Prior to this SVN loads time for me had always seem quite delayed, especially when initialising the skins aspect.

Great work guys! The general responsiveness of the program appears to of dramatically improved.

falser

Portal Pro
    June 5, 2006
    Must agree, it solved the bug that bothered me the most so far.

But it didn't solve the surefire way for me to crash MP - tuning into CBSHD causes a hang for me and sometimes a crash. No bad signal alert or anything. When it hangs and DirectX mode is enabled I cannot even open the task manager to kill MP so I've gotta restart. I'm still tinkering with it though, this may be tuner or decoder related.

Paul Phillips

Portal Member
    June 18, 2006
    I hate that forced restart. It makes me cry :(

Atleast its fixed for me. It did that when i watched TV and played video files. The latest SVN fixed it. Just bug the team about your error give the info to them and they will fix it tell ya :)

Them good programming thingy guys.

Bye.

thechad

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2005
    Geelong, Australia
    Home Country
    I use pskill to avoid a restart and run from my other PC

pskill.exe \\htpc mediaportal.exe

works a treat

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom