LATM AAC problems (Freeview HD on DVB-T2) (1 Viewer)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: LATM AAC problems (Freeview HD on DVB-T2)

Hello!
    I don't know if it helps but there got another version of LAV Filters released yesterday and in the changelog you find this:

LAV Audio
    - Fixed LATM AAC playback with some source filters

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'll give it a try at some point durig next week but it might be hard to test because it's not a problem that happens all the time.

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    I am using the DivX Codec with seems to be the only one to correctly deal with it
    Excellent tip, thanks :)
    I'm not using LAV, but have never had the sound working on terrestrial HD. Never really bothered me before because I mostly use DVB-S, but accidentally recorded something on terrestrial BBC HD the other day so had to sort it out. Setting DivX audio codec for the LATM AAC renderer sorted it (I'm using ffdshow for the other sound).

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    I am using the DivX Codec with seems to be the only one to correctly deal with it
    I'm not using LAV, but have never had the sound working on terrestrial HD. Never really bothered me before because I mostly use DVB-S, but accidentally recorded something on terrestrial BBC HD the other day so had to sort it out. Setting DivX audio codec for the LATM AAC renderer sorted it (I'm using ffdshow for the other sound).
    Do you use the post-processing included in ffdshow? If not, I'd recommend using LAV Filters for all video and audio decoding. It's a great, efficient set of codecs and means that you can avoid installing any of DivX's crap. It's also nice only having one filter installed (reduces clutter and configuration annoyances).

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country

LAV audio handles dynamic AAC stereo <-> 5.1 channel switching correctly, so it's ideal for UK Freeview HD :)

Tony

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    OK, thanks - but it's working now so I think I'll leave it alone unless I need to reinstall from scratch. The previous "MP recommended" codecs (SAV or something?) were utterly disastrous on my system when I tried them so I'm a bit reluctant to try LAV when everything is working nicely. I already had DivX audio codec installed anyway, just wasn't using it.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Yeah I don't understand SAF since LAV is all you need as far as I can tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom