Launch a random trailer before movie (3 Viewers)

WhyMe

Portal Member
July 26, 2008
Home Country
France France
Hello,
in configuration it's possible to launch a trailer before movie ( custom intro ), but it's always the same file.
I've some Dolby Digital, THX, DTS trailers in a directory and i would to launch a random trailer from this directory before launching a movie, it's possible ?
Thanks

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

bodiroga

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hello,
    in configuration it's possible to launch a trailer before movie ( custom intro ), but it's always the same file.
    I've some Dolby Digital, THX, DTS trailers in a directory and i would to launch a random trailer from this directory before launching a movie, it's possible ?
    Thanks

Where can I find that option to launch a trailer before the movie starts?? Which is the version of moving pictures that you are using? 0.8 SVN or 0.7.5?

Thanks and regards,

Aitor

gshipley

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2008
    Hello,
    Thanks

Where can I find that option to launch a trailer before the movie starts?? Which is the version of moving pictures that you are using? 0.8 SVN or 0.7.5?

Thanks and regards,

Aitor

I think that feature was earlier this year. Its located under the advanced configuration items in the config utility. You basically just specify a filepath to the into you want to play before each movie.

Issue 273 - moving-pictures - Ability to play custom movie intro before each movie. - Project Hosting on Google Code

--
    gshipley

TheSkinsFan1

Portal Member
    August 28, 2009
    I think that feature was earlier this year. Its located under the advanced configuration items in the config utility. You basically just specify a filepath to the into you want to play before each movie.

Issue 273 - moving-pictures - Ability to play custom movie intro before each movie. - Project Hosting on Google Code

--
    gshipley
    I believe he knows about that function. I think he's looking for a way to play random trailers before each movie -- by placing all downloaded trailers into a single directory and then having MP pick one or two at random, from that directory, before every film.

I agree that it would be a pretty cool function and not very difficult to implement in the code and MovingPictures Config tool -- just point it at the directory containing all the trailers and assign a value for the number of random trailers you want played before every movie.

I'd like to see them add this. I'd also like to see them allow for more than one specific intro video -- I have some videos that are like those you see at the movie theaters with the movie trivia questions, a request to turn off your cell phones, as well as a THX intro and my own custom 20th Century Fox intro.

If you could set it up to play the trivia vid, then the cellphone warning, then a few random trailers from a trailer directory, and then the custom intro vid(s), it would be pretty damn cool -- especially if they also include the ability to skip through them when you're in a hurry to get to the main feature.

gshipley

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2008
    If you could set it up to play the trivia vid, then the cellphone warning, then a few random trailers from a trailer directory, and then the custom intro vid(s), it would be pretty damn cool -- especially if they also include the ability to skip through them when you're in a hurry to get to the main feature.

I agree... that would be pretty darn cool.

A lot of questions surround a feature like this that I think is covered in the reported issue. ie, Should you only show like rated trailers? For instance, we probably wouldn't want to show a trailer for Night of the Living Dead before the kids start watching The Little Mermaid.

Should it be genre specific? ie, Should we show a trailer for 40 Year Old Virgin before 10 Commandments or would you expect to see comedy traliers for comedy's etc.

Should the plugin automagically try and download trailers for movies you have in your collection and only show trailers for movies you have?

Once you start thinking about all the different scenarios and sub feature requests, a simple request like this can turn into a huge development effort. That being said, I do think it would be super cool.

TheSkinsFan1

Portal Member
    August 28, 2009
    How about we just start with allowing more than one specific custom intro?

Give the custom intro configuration its own tab, and they can build on it one beta at a time. :)

alank

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2006
    NJ
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    It would also be cool to just grab new trailers off the net rather than outdated ones on your hd. And play them according to genre. So if you have started a Horror flick, play a Horror trailer, if you started a Family flick, play a Family friendly trailer.

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That should be an option, since MyTrailers' dev apondman also is a dev for MovPic... but maybe that doesn't mean anything? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom