Leadtek RC Config + Mediaportal (1 Viewer)

Clinic

October 17, 2010
Home Country
Well I've had a good look around and hit up the search function and I can't see any feedback regarding Leadtek's new RC config application for their bundled remotes. Last mention seems to be it's imminent release in this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...e-plugin-leadtek-tv-tuners-14918/index11.html

Specifically, I've tried a few times to map the mediaportal keyboard shortcuts via the RC Config app (for a Y04G0051 remote) and lets just say it's been a very frustrating experience. Some buttons just dont want to seem to map, or when they do, the result is not as expected. For example, mapping P as a keyboard letter to the OK remote key does not result in the selected title playing.

I've also had no luck using the coolreciver plugin, appear to get the same result.

So help me out here, has anyone managed to get a working setup with the Y04G0051 remote and Leadtek's editor? If so, can I steal your keymap file please?

cunnox

Portal Member
October 3, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia
Do not use the latest drivers.
If you can't find the older driver via google et al I will upload the one that I use.
Just have to wait a few days as my connection is currently throttled.

cunnox

Portal Member
October 3, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia
The above advice is for the DTV1000S. By using the older drivers the inbuilt RCconfig worked perfectly. I guess different cards may suffer the same bug.

craigparris1

Portal Pro
May 20, 2008
Home Country
I have 2 x DTV1000s cards in my setup, and interestingly as part of my upgrade to MediaPortal 1.2.0 Final, I also updated the LeadTek drivers to the very latest version available off their web-site. Suddenly, a whole bunch of buttons that had stopped working on the remote are now working again, so I'm back to having a properly functioning setup (yee-hah!) not just some dodgy workarounds (like "1" was for pause .... I've certainly had various issues over the past couple of years with different LeakTek driver versions. Perhaps I should just leave the setup as it is now that it's working OK ..... nah, who am I kidding?

In terms of the RCConfig utility that's part of the LeadTek drivers, this is the first time I've seen it installed after an upgrade, so perhaps the previous version I was using didn't have that utility as part of its setup. I don't really see how that utility is useful for MediaPortal - it only works if I leave it on the WinPVR setting.

Cheers,
Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom