Leadtek WinFast USB DVT Dongle? Unable to create graph..... (1 Viewer)

ADB

Portal Member
June 24, 2006
I have the Leadtek WinFast DVT Dongle and cannot get it to work. It is listed in the supported devices but I get the 'Unable to create graph for this device!' error. I have verified I have the latest BDA drivers for this device (5.13.11.804) and have tried the 0.2 RC4 release as well as the latest nightly build (or at least nights anyway). I have ran GraphEdit and verified the hardware moniker is correct.

Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC4 (2006-04-18)
MediaPortal Skin: MCE
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: DScaler Audio Decoder
Video Codec: Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder
CPU Type: Intel Pentium M 1600MHz
Memory: 511 MB
Motherboard: 0890 (Hewlett-Packard)
TV Card Model: Leadtek WinFast DTV Dongle
TV Card Type: Software/Hardware
TV Card Driver: 5.13.11.804
Video Card Model: Ati Mobility Radeon 9600 Series (32 MB)
Video Card Driver: 6.14.10.6542
Video Card Resolution: 1400x1050
Video Render Type: -
Audio Card Model: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
Audio Card Driver: 5.12.1.3890
Synopsis::

Running TV Setup or tune etc results in an application fault and it exiting. Windows XP displays the Window - MediaPortal.exe has encounterred a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Opening configuration, Television, Capture Cards and editing the Leadtek WinFast DTV Dongle results in the dialogue box 'Unable to greate graph for this device!'
I have ran GraphEdit and it shows the correct hardware ID for the device is listed in the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml file.

Any ideas? I have a Leadtek DVT 1000T PCI adapter in another PC and this works although is a bit choppy.

Thanks

Andy

ADB

Portal Member
June 24, 2006
I think I might have got this to work......

In the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml file the section for the Leadtek WinFast DVT Dongle it is catagorised as a 'capture' device. In some other USB DVB-T receivers they are catagorised as 'tunerdevice'. I edited the file to look like this:

<interface cat="tunerdevice"

For the relevent section and it now doesn't crash out or tell me it is unable to create a graph for this device.

It is scanning for channels now so fingers crossed.....

Andy

ADB

Portal Member
June 24, 2006
Yep :D

All working :D :D :D :D

I need to play around with the XML for the channels list as there seem to be some missing from the XML that are actually being transmitted from Winter Hill but they all appear to be there. BBC2 is on at the moment :D :D :D

Hope this helps anyone else who has been struggling with this USB adapter.

I have no idea what the performance is like so will update on here how good it is under Media Portal 0.2 RC4

Andy (very pleased with himself :D )

franksmule

September 19, 2006
ahh I need some more help, Ive done this and it does the autotune but now i have a blank error message when going into the TV section, clickin any button within the tv section gives me another blank OK message, and I see no tv.... Any ideas>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom