Leadtek wintv 1000S (1 Viewer)

appleyk

Portal Member
November 20, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Sorry if this is a dumb question, I've searched through the forums and cant find any answer. Is it possible to get the leadtek wintv 1000S DVB-T card working with Media Portal? I've tried both the stable release, and the latest svn, but it cant even see the card in config app. Just wanted to know if its worth persevering with, or if I should jsut give up and get another card?

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

medaust

Portal Pro
September 12, 2007
Home Country
Hi,

Have you installed the DVB driver for the card? Can you receive TV with the software comes with the card?

appleyk

Portal Member
November 20, 2007
Home Country
Knew I'd miss something out something important. Yes, I've installed the latest drivers for the card, and yes, I can watch TV with the software that comes with it :)

appleyk

Portal Member
November 20, 2007
Home Country
After finding the thread on how to add cards to the capturecards.xml file, I downloaded graphedit and played around till I got the card working :) Media Portal now does everything I want it to, thanks for such a great piece of software :)

Doodles

Portal Pro
September 9, 2006
Home Country
Hi! I've just installed a DTV 1000S as a second card to my DTV 1000T. Can you tell me what you added to capturecarddefinitions.xml, please, to get the DTV1000S working.

Many thanks

appleyk

Portal Member
November 20, 2007
Home Country
Add this to your card definitions file. Works fine for me.

Code:
<capturecard commercialname="Leadtek WinFast DTV1000 S" capturename="WinFast DTV1000 S BDA Digital Capture" devid="ven_1131&amp;dev_7130&amp;subsys_6655107d&amp;rev_01">
    <capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="true"></capabilities>
    <tv>
      <interface cat="capture" video="2" audio="3" mpeg2="1" sectionsandtables="5"></interface>
      <filters>
        <filter cat="networkprovider" name="Microsoft DVBT Network Provider" checkdevice="false"></filter>
        <filter cat="tunerdevice" name="WinFast DTV1000 S BDA DVBT Tuner" checkdevice="true"></filter>
        <filter cat="capture" name="WinFast DTV1000 S BDA Digital Capture" checkdevice="true"></filter>
      </filters>
      <connections>
        <connection sourcefilter="networkprovider" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="tunerdevice" sinkpin="0"></connection>
        <connection sourcefilter="tunerdevice" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"></connection>
      </connections>
    </tv>
  </capturecard>

Good luck

Kevin

bigj

Portal Pro
January 10, 2005
For a while they (driver devs) kept changing the capture IDs/name string, so depending on exactly which driver version you have MP may or may not work 'out of the box' - try AppleyK's version of capturecarddefs entry, or try a different driver. Alternatively, if you look in your PC's control pannel system devices list you can usually work out what to replace the capture ids strings with.

appleyk

Portal Member
November 20, 2007
Home Country
Bigj is right of course, leadtek can have changed the drivers so the above entry doesnt work. But if thats the case, there is a tutorial somewhere here on the MP site for getting the entry right for and BDA card. Its what I followed to get the entry for mine working, and isnt hard to do, so if the one I posted doesnt work, have a look for that tutorial, and follow it. Should get you up and running in no time.

Doodles

Portal Pro
September 9, 2006
Home Country
Many thanks. I'll give it a whirl. Even if I have to fiddle with it to get it working, it's easier than having to work it all out for myself.

I think it'll be complicated by the fact that I'm adding a DTV1000S card alongside a DTV1000T card. I may remove the 1000T and get the 1000S working first before I try both together.

Thanks again.

ethanol

Portal Member
January 4, 2008
Home Country
What are the main differences between the S and the T? I'm abou to get one of them (they're sooo cheap!!).

Do people who own them recommend them or is the old adage true "you get what you pay for"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom