Legacy firewire driver in Windows 11 (1 Viewer)

fstruijs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 20, 2009
    Breda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Good evening,

I intend to upgrade my Windows 10 media portal PC to Windows 11.

In Windows 10, in the past there were problems with the IEEE1394 firewire driver getting my FloppyDTV tuners to work correctly. Later in Windows 10 the "legacy IEEE1394 driver" has returned. That problem was solved.

Can anyone confirm that this driver is also available in Windows 11? And that the FireDTV/FloppyDTV tuners also work without problems in Windows 11?

Thank you in advance!

Regards, Frank

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Good evening,

I intend to upgrade my Windows 10 media portal PC to Windows 11.

In Windows 10, in the past there were problems with the IEEE1394 firewire driver getting my FloppyDTV tuners to work correctly. Later in Windows 10 the "legacy IEEE1394 driver" has returned. That problem was solved.

Can anyone confirm that this driver is also available in Windows 11? And that the FireDTV/FloppyDTV tuners also work without problems in Windows 11?

Thank you in advance!

Regards, Frank
    I think it would be better, if you contact the developer of the tuner. There is a very low probability, that somebody in this forum has the same hardware and upgraded at the same time to windows 11. I’m on windows 11 and can at least confirm MP2 works perfectly on it.

amilewski

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2007
    Jelenia Góra
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    I think it would be better, if you contact the developer of the tuner. There is a very low probability, that somebody in this forum has the same hardware and upgraded at the same time to windows 11. I’m on windows 11 and can at least confirm MP2 works perfectly on it.
    hi,

vendor of this hardware was closed many years ago, no chance for updated driver. Before then, FloppyDTV was very popular among MP users and I remember MP developers were in close contact with this vendor, so close that even we received source code, if I'm right it should be in repository....

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP developers were in close contact with this vendor, so close that even we received source code, if I'm right it should be in repository....
    Yes this is right. But if code was received, then it was only to deal with the CI API. But OS drivers were never part of this, it was all on behalf of vendor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom