Legal HD movie downloads (1 Viewer)

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    What is the best site to legally download latest movies in HD format? Please share your experience.

VdR

quake2rambo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Legal HD movie downloads

Does exists those websites? I think this places are called "cinema" :D.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Anything like Netflix or MoviePro?

J.

ps - Never used them (just found them on Google) :D

loadme

Portal Pro
    January 7, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    there is no thing like legal movie downloads, at least not if they are for free.
    (there is no think like legal free cars or cloths stores either :D )

but you will find many downloadportals like iTunes, where you can buy movies with just one click and add them to your library with an amazing download speed.

works good, but you lose those movies, if you reinstall iTunes on to many different pcs or do to many hardware upgrades.

try a streaming portal. thats a good choice, too.
    cheaper than video store and perfect video quality

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Itunes and Zune are both legal download "sites", the only problem is DRM, looking at the Web-DL versions torrents of TV-shows that have started popping up the last couple of months it seems as the DRM for one of them is broken though. Aimersoft has a software that can remove DRM, but all it does is to play back the video and then capture the video from the screen, so I'm not sure that gives the best end result.

Don't know how legal it is in various countries around the world, but I'm sure it's legal in Norway, and I base that on the case against DVD-Jon where it was ruled that if you buy a media you are allowed to play it back on whatever device you want. Basically if it's legal to remove DRM from BR/DVDs you should be allowed to remove it from DLC.

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Indeed I'm NOT looking for free. I just want to save myself the trips to the store and purchase at my convenience.

I'm not a fan of iTunes. MoviePro is interesting and not free, but that doesn't make them legal.

Didn't find anything good yet.

What a contradiction, one day this will be last article that we will still have to go to stores for.

VdR

Users who are viewing this thread