Library Troubles (1 Viewer)

quanfer

Portal Member
December 13, 2007
Moving pictures added a few files from my folder incorrectly (ex. superman 2 instead of superman 1), and I didn't know how to manually remove this from my moving pictures library (can you?), so I removed the folder as a media source.

I thought since it wasn't a part of my source, the entry would delete from my library and I could just re-add it as a source and load up all the movies again. However, the entries in the library stayed, and now I have 2 copies of everything. Is there a way to clear my library to do this all over? Thanks for any help.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Very sorry, that is a bug in the current version. It's in the issue tracker and will be fixed in the near future. In the meantime, to restart clean you need to delete your database file. By default in Windows XP, this is located in the following folder:

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\movingpictures.db3

If you exit MediaPortal and delete that file your setup should be wiped clean and you can start fresh.

To change the movie assigned to a file (or set of files), open the config screen, goto the Movie Manager, and find the incorrect movie on the list at the left. Once you have found it, there is a button on the top of the screen to reassign the related files to a new movie. If you click this, you should be able to change an incorrect entry.

Sorry for the bad first experience. :( That's a nasty bug. I will try to get it ironed out as soon as possible. If you have any more trouble post again and I (or some other helpful forum member) will help you out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom