LifeView FlyTV MCE works with MediaPortal? (1 Viewer)

annubis

November 21, 2006
Hello everyone, i'm going to buy a new TV capture card and i've found that the LifeView FlyTV MCE card has Mpeg2 and Mpeg4 Hardware compression. I want to know if Media Portal supports this card of if anyone tried it with media portal because if it does work, even if only with the Mpeg2 hardware, i'm going to buy it to use with media portal.

I know that for now Media Portal only supports Mpeg2 compression and that probalbly Mpeg4 hardware capabilies are not going to be used but i'm hoping that in a near future new versions of media portal can support Mpeg4 Hardware encoding. But for now I only interested to know if this card is supported by Media Portal with MPEG2 hardware.

mchadwick

Portal Member
March 2, 2006
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
Daniel Martin has performed a review of the Lifeview FlyTV (see: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/recommended_tv_cards/hybrid_cards/flytv_express_x1_mst_t2a2m.html)... is that the card you are thinking of getting?

I've read the review and it sounds like exactly what I'm looking for... I've got no free PCI slots but I have room for 1 PCIe (half-height) card and this seems to fit the bill perfectly.

My only problem now is I can't find anywhere selling these... Where did you see them for sale?

annubis

November 21, 2006
Nop that's not the card, the one I'm looking for is analog only and has both MPEG2 and MPEG4 hardware enconding

mchadwick

Portal Member
March 2, 2006
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
ok sorry about that...
but can you tell me, please, where you are planning to buy your card? Perhaps they have the one reviewed too....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom