[confirm] Line21 (1 Viewer)

xvffx

Portal Pro
August 15, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi all,

added Line21 in the post processing (DVD)
CC is still blacklisted or whatever you want to call it, since 2 svn before RC1

care to share the reason why?

Vff

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi all,

added Line21 in the post processing (DVD)
    CC is still blacklisted or whatever you want to call it, since 2 svn before RC1

care to share the reason why?

Vff

Line21? CC?

Care to explain? Is this a bug report? I don't understand at all.

Mark

xvffx

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Line21 is used for closed captions (for the hearing impaired) for TV and DVDs in NA

for long while now... I always added the Line21 in post processing (DVD)
    and for TV I added only the Core CC in the processer for TV config (line21 is autoadded in graph)

Torrettes and Manfred are aware but gave no reason why it is disabled. :(

sample pics of what it should look like but now its a no go.

Vff

note... the tv part still works because in the graph a filter is added before the line21 which allow displays of CC.

fir3ma5t3r

Portal Pro
    November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    well, I think everyone has a right to know why line 21 has to be disabled as this is a open source mediaportal.. If line 21 was illegal then why was it in RC1 at first place. I am deaf myself and am very frustrated to watch without closed caption even more without any explanation.

I would appreciate it if someone can answer this for us please.

FiR3Ma5t3r

xvffx

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Please see: 0002737: Closed Captions (CC) are forced - MediaPortal Bugtracker
    In short: until we find a way to let the user choose whether he wants CC or not, we opt to have CC always disabled rather than always enabled.

Hi Arion,

thanks for your respond and it's great news that the team is looking for ways to choose CC or not.
    I'm wondering would this patch would be of any use?.. btw many thanks Manfred.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...closed-captions-support-dvd-77611/#post576900

also would this be in a Mantis (bug report) so that it doesn't fall on "DEAF" ears? :)

I know I was told the CC is not supported but I do have to say that I'm seeing overwhelming supports on the subtitle/teletext which kinds of shows how it's a need not a feature.

many regards

Vff

Users who are viewing this thread