Linking/Promoting Media Portal (2 Viewers)

A

Anonymous

Re: Search engines

Messiah said:
Second, there is name. Many separates "Media" and "Portal" when talking about "MediaPortal". Of course Media and Portal point out so many other paths. You first marketing goal have to be to ensure the public understand that its named: "MediaPortal" and nothing else.

This is still very much the case. Even our logo splits the name. If we decided a long time ago that it should be MediaPortal not Media Portal then we should stick to it.

There are examples of this all over the website, wiki, forum, etc.

Perhaps we should get the logo artist to change the logo slightly, or is it time for another logo competition? :wink:

Mars Warrior

Portal Pro
August 26, 2004
Airy Crater, Mars
Home Country
Mars Warrior said:
As a new search in Google says:
- Links to MP: 28 (+40%)
- Links to Meedio: 62 (-53%)

Well, that was on 11 september. We haven't made any progress since then since the counter is still 28 for MP and 62 for Meedio :cry:

Jadz is still the nr 1 site for Google :twisted:

So.......... who is willing to beat him next month???

A

Anonymous

Mars Warrior said:
Mars Warrior said:
As a new search in Google says:
- Links to MP: 28 (+40%)
- Links to Meedio: 62 (-53%)

Well, that was on 11 september. We haven't made any progress since then since the counter is still 28 for MP and 62 for Meedio :cry:

Jadz is still the nr 1 site for Google :twisted:

So.......... who is willing to beat him next month???

now 44 = +10% (meedio=66)

A

Anonymous

A friend of mine highlighted that he can't find the MP site !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

He found the forum, but not the main website ! :!:

And I just checked... There is absolutely NO link from this forum to the MP website. :!: I am(& Is he) wrong ? :?:

A

Anonymous

ChrisB said:
A friend of mine highlighted that he can't find the MP site !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

He found the forum, but not the main website ! :!:

And I just checked... There is absolutely NO link from this forum to the MP website. :!: I am(& Is he) wrong ? :?:

COOL :D

there is now a link on top of the page

A

Anonymous

Now that 0.1 is out, is it not time for a bit of marketing? How can we really promote MP. How can we get noticed? Let's start shouting.

A

Anonymous

I have emailed htpcnews in the hope they cover this on their front page news.

Anyone know any good HTPC or tech news sites which might run a story. As firefoxers say - let's spread the word.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom