Codecs Lip sync issue with MP1.2b/SAF6 (1 Viewer)

Buggles

Portal Member
July 15, 2011
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

I just installed Mediaportal 1.2b with SAF6 (unlock) and all the recommended settings from Hoborg in his opening post for SAF6.
My HTPC is connected with HDMI to my TV (Sony 46EX500) and optical SPDIF to my receiver (NAD L73 / has no HDMI input)

So far, it works fine, I can play anything I tried.. But I have a little lip-sync problem, this is caused by my TV (known issue) and I can not adjust it on the receiver. (has no option for it)

I already make the lip-sync error minimal by setting all the special 'tricks' on my TV off (like motion-flow etc).

Is there any setting on Mediaportal or in SAF that I can do to delay my sound for a few msec?

Thanks for any help on this...:D

Mew

Portal Pro
January 11, 2007
Hertfordshire
Home Country
England England
Hi Buggles

If you are using ffdshow audio decoder in SAF6 there if you select "output" in the left pane, in those settings there is an Audio delay setting (defaulted to 0 ms).

Mew

Buggles

Portal Member
July 15, 2011
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi Mew,

Thanks for the input.. I checked ur suggestion, I am using SAF6 with the LAV audio decoder.
I can not select ffdshow audio decoder and I do not have an option for it on the left pane.

scrsht.jpg

Screenshot

So SAF6 is not able to do this? Should I use SAF5 instead?

Buggles

Mew

Portal Pro
January 11, 2007
Hertfordshire
Home Country
England England
Hi Buggles

Are you using one of the newer versions of SAF6? I think on my main HTPC I am using saf600_110722 unlocked. I believe that ffdshow audio decoder was not available for selection on some of the earlier versions of SAF6. I haven't tried the LAV Audio Decoder yet, but looking at the properties panel for it, I cannot see anywhere to add a delay.

Mew

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

If you use ffdshow video as decoder or postprocess, in 1.2.0RC, we can adjust Delay to correct lipsync :)

Buggles

Portal Member
    July 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Are you using one of the newer versions of SAF6?
    I believe that ffdshow audio decoder was not available for selection on some of the earlier versions of SAF6.

Hi Mew,

Just installed the latest version of SAF6 (saf600_110729) and I can adjust in ffdshow audio decoder a delay. (seen the option)
    Thanks for the tip! Will try the coming days to get rid of the lip sync issue.

It also means that I can not use LAV audio decoder on the moment because I can not add the delay in there.

I will report it to Hoborg also, maybe he can do something with it. As I understand Hoborg thinks LAV is the better audio decoder. ;)

@Sebastiii : I have to wait to the 27th :D But it is a good option I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom