List of movies I have deleted? (1 Viewer)

bt86bt

Portal Pro
December 30, 2008
Lund
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi

Is there any place or log-file which shows what movies I have deleted in Moving Pictures?

The two log-files in ProgramData movingpictures.log and movingpictures.old.log only got entries from today.

I deleted some movies yesterday during which MP froze or something, when I restarted the computer all of my movies (in a specific folder that was unwatched) were deleted except the onces that were active in utorrent. I could get the movies again, if I just remembered which onces I had on my computer.

I use Moving Pictures 1.0 beta 2. Not sure if the delete-problem is because that one of the movies that I deleted yesterday did not have a folder but was just located in the root of that drive.

Grateful for any help.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi

Is there any place or log-file which shows what movies I have deleted in Moving Pictures?

The log file is recycled everytime you start up MediaPortal and the plugin is initialized.

A movingpictures.bak is created to retain some of the older data, but if you do not safeguard these files, they eventually get reused and you loose the old log information.

I wrote a little batch file that compresses the log files and stores them in a safe location with a datestamp in the filename before I launch MediaPortal. I'll clean up the code and share it on the forum for others to use. However that doesn't solve your problem.

One thing you can do however is check your 'thumbs' folder, because when MovingPictures removed a movie from the database, it doesn't remove the backdrop and cover images (they don't consume much storage space and are easier to add back in this way when you re-add the movie). You could use SQL commands to export the backdrop filenames, and then use WinMerge to compare this output with a "dir /b /ogn" output to see which movies you deleted. Or if that sounds too technical, manually go through the lists to compare.

Hope that works for you.

bt86bt

Portal Pro
    December 30, 2008
    Lund
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi

The log file is recycled everytime you start up MediaPortal and the plugin is initialized.

A movingpictures.bak is created to retain some of the older data, but if you do not safeguard these files, they eventually get reused and you loose the old log information.

I wrote a little batch file that compresses the log files and stores them in a safe location with a datestamp in the filename before I launch MediaPortal. I'll clean up the code and share it on the forum for others to use. However that doesn't solve your problem.

One thing you can do however is check your 'thumbs' folder, because when MovingPictures removed a movie from the database, it doesn't remove the backdrop and cover images (they don't consume much storage space and are easier to add back in this way when you re-add the movie). You could use SQL commands to export the backdrop filenames, and then use WinMerge to compare this output with a "dir /b /ogn" output to see which movies you deleted. Or if that sounds too technical, manually go through the lists to compare.

Hope that works for you.

Smart idea, I just checked my backdrops folder and I got all the information I need :) I didn't have that many movies so this will be quick and not so painful :)

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom