List view by default for mp3 files??? (1 Viewer)

patricon

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
I have my music collection organized into folders, each folder is an album and into the folder there is some MP3 files. What i'm trying to get is that when opening a folder, contents are shown as list view ALWAYS, i want to view folders as big icons or filmstrip view but when i open a folder (album) i want to get list view by default for the content. How can i do that way? it's possible?

thanks in advance, :D

patricon

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
I've tried to understand how 'music views' works, but i can't to get it. Also, i don't want to use ID3 tags to show my music, just the folder view is enough for me, but the problem is to set list view for folder contents as default when opening a folder at first time. It's simple, i want:

Folder --> View as big icons or filmstrip
Files (folder contents) --> View as item list

regards,

patricon

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
Any ideas about this issue? can this be done with MediaPortal or i should post it as a seggustion for new versions??

regards,

patricon

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
can anyone take a look at this thread please? i'm waiting for some responses about this issue, i'm not sure about if this can be done or not or if could be added as a new suggestion...

regards,

cedric

Portal Pro
October 28, 2006
Lausanne
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Hello, you have to do that manually for each folder in MP.
MP save the view mode for each folder.

I think it's to dificult to do that automaticaly because

your music folders

Artist -> Album -> Track

For other people for example

Genre --> Year -> Album -> Track

It's never the same.

I have the same music organisation than you. I had to configure that one time and now it's pefect for me.

Cédric

patricon

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain

I think it's to dificult to do that automaticaly because

your music folders

Artist -> Album -> Track

For other people for example

Genre --> Year -> Album -> Track

It's never the same.

I have the same music organisation than you. I had to configure that one time and now it's pefect for me.

Cédric

Sorry, but i think that this is very easy to do, just add an option to MP to show folders with only files into it as list view by default. That way, it doesn't matter how the user has the folder hierarchy, when you open a new folder if there is only files into it, then display it as list view... if there is folders, then use default view for music (filmstrip, big icons, etc)

This could be nice for music, because the last element is always the tracks (i have style >> album >> track, but another user could have artist >> album >> track or even, style >> artist >> album >> track) the question is that the last element in the list is always tracks so i want to define how to display tracks by default (list view in my case)

regards,

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Cédric
    Pardon me if I'm being stupid, but I don't see how to do this, at least not in MP2.3/RC2.
    Under "Music Views", I only find DB-based views.
    How can I configure folder-based ("Shares") views?

cedric

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2006
    Lausanne
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hello,

Cédric
    Pardon me if I'm being stupid, but I don't see how to do this, at least not in MP2.3/RC2.
    Under "Music Views", I only find DB-based views.
    How can I configure folder-based ("Shares") views?

It's not in the configuration mode, it's in MP. When you choose a view mode for a folder it's saved.

Cédric

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Not in my case. Evidently it depends on the operating system settings. Since I have them set *not* to remember settings for each folder, I get the last sort order I used in Explorer (even if it was under a different login), which is kind of a pain. However, IIRC, the number of folders that can be remembered under XP is limited to a few hundred, which would not be enough for my collection of several thousand albums anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom