listcontrol (1 Viewer)

Globoxrocks

Portal Pro
December 30, 2006
i have a problem with the listcontrol only in svn not the stable vesrion. I am changing the wwitv plugin and for some reason when i have more than 1 page in the listcontrol some items get repeated at the last page so if i have 9 items on first page and 4 on the second at the second page there are 5 repeated from the previous page.

I also tried it at a default plugin with a list ( myradio ) and same problem. I have searched at the forums but i cannot find an answer only with svn.

I asked one user who was testing my plugin and he confirmed it.

DalaNorth

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2006
    Skellefteå, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This is by design. Problem is explained here:

http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/view.php?id=949

The solution we chose is to always fill the page with listitems. So if you have less than 9 (in your case) items on the last page, it will be filled with items from the previous page.

I can understand how this may seem strange at first, but how is it a problem for your plugin?

Regards
    DalaNorth

Globoxrocks

Portal Pro
    December 30, 2006
    list

It is not direct a problem it is only strange i run 0.2.2.0 version i do not have this problem only in svn. in the link you mention it is fixed in 0.2.0.0. But maybe i do something wrong as you say it is known, as meant to be behaviour.

But as you say it is not a direct problem but in my plugin i show al list of categories ( dynamic ) and countries. Then it is weird for instance when you get al list with category 1, category 2 category 3, category 4 and at the next page category 2, category3, category4, category 5. Just because i only have one item for the next page. When you have a lot of pages you will not see it but in my case ( category example it looks very strange to me ). I thought i did something wrong in my plugin and i was filling the categorylist twice.

So it is not causing problems everything functions but my first reaction is it is not what i expect. If i print a word page and i have one line for the next page then it would be strange if first things from the the previous page would be printed to make the page full.

But now i know this maybe i could add empty lines after my last item at the end so to make the list full but i have no control of the skins so if one decides to make another skin maybe higher listcontrol then i will keep the problem.

DalaNorth

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2006
    Skellefteå, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Well, the problem I referred to wasn't actually fixed in 0.2.0.0, it has been fixed after the 0.2.2.0 release, so it's not so strange that you haven't seen the effects until now.

You shouldn't really compare the list to a word page. Compare it to a list of files in the explorer for instance. Move to a directory where all files almost fit in the window but not quite. Select a file and hit page down until you reach the bottom file. Same behavior here.

Regards
    DalaNorth

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom