Live playback in Vista MCE stutters/lags (1 Viewer)

JudgeFredd

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    TV-Server Version: Almost always latest release
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0
    MediaPortal Skin: standard
    Windows Version: Vista Ultimate SP1 DK "Corporate Ed."
    CPU Type: AMD AM2 X2 6000+
    HDD: RAID 0 320GB(2 drives)
    Memory: 2GB PC800 DDR2
    Motherboard: ASUS M2N
    Motherboard Chipset: Nvidia Nforce
    Motherboard Bios: Don't recall (most recent)
    Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8600GT
    Video Card Driver: Most recent WHQL certified
    Sound Card: Creative Labs Audigy 4
    Sound Card AC3: analog 5.1 speaker output
    Sound Card Driver: Most recent WHQL certified
    1. TV Card: Twinhan AD-CP400 CI ( 2040)
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-C with CI
    1. TV Card Driver: Mantis BDA 1.1.0.300
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Have several optional
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: Have several optional
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Yousee/TDC
    HTPC Case: OEM (Std. Desktop Case)
    Cooling: OEM (Various low-noise coolers)
    Power Supply: NorthQ 400W
    Remote: IMON/Soundgraph With frontpanel
    TV: Samsung 42" Plasma
    TV - HTPC Connection: All except HDTV, currently using VGA (sub-D)
    Hi all.. After spending something like 50 hours trying to get MP to work, first on Vista then on XP64 (i know, get a regular OS..) :) I finally got the TVE3 and MP to work along with the TVServer and client software for Vista MCE, i'm know facing one final obstacle, i can't get MCE to show video without massive stuttering, when i preview the channels from within the TVServer there's no problem at all, but in MCE it's another story indeed.. I've tried every available codec, and also tried to TS on an ecternal drive aswell as on a net drive (have 1000Mbit network).
    When i start the app. from within MCE and choose a channel i't plays the sound but show's a kind og blue screen with som kind og waving colors, excpect it's the normal screen for playing radio?? Well if i then switch to full screen the video comes on, but look's messed up jumoing back and forth and stuttering (e.g. in the story line of a movie), i'm thinking maybe it could be something about running the server and client on the same machine, and/or in the same network, because i had some similar problems with my IIS and mail server when i changed my router and AP (The IIS server and mail server is NOT running on this PC). I would use MP instead off MCE if it supported my tuner, but i cannot make it work no where else than in TVEngine 3, maybe there's a way to get it supported in Mp asswell, when it's supported in TVE3, but i can't figure it out, i've tried Graphedit but it says there is no valid "link" or some such, when i try to connect the "boxes" ass described in the WIKI.. By the way the tuner works fine with DVBViewer an MyTheatre, and also with the software that was delivered with it, only those programs don't have the right sort off easy control via ordinary remote, that MCE and MP has, so i would really appreciate any kind of help or advice!! :)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    i can't get MCE to show video without massive stuttering

Lost here, not sure what you mean, does Video stutter in Mediaportal or Windows Media Centre.

First thing i would do with a AMD dualcore is install there Optimizer (stops stuttering for me, xp or Vista)

Sorry if this sounds like i am confused, its just that you keep mentioning mce (yes there is a "mce plugin" to use TVE3 with, but not sure if this is what you mean, if it is related, then i will move this post there).

JudgeFredd

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Sorry! Even seems a bit confusing to me.. ;) Yes sturrers in MCE can't get MP to recognice my tuner. If i could i would use MP instead of MCE. i cannot find the "forum-Subject" that has to do with the TVE3/Vista MCE?? Don't think the dual core pathches will work for several reasons, 1. i have SP1 installed (released yeasterday) 2. There's no stuttering in any other software.

Sorry bout the "wrong forum posting" but still maybe the Thread can continue due to the tuner not being recognised in MP condition, i swear i have truly tried wverything to make it work but MP just doesnt recognice it as a tuner, which i's strange since TVE does support it, ass mentioned before the graphedit tool doesn't seem to understand the setup neither, suppose it's something about it not being a "real" bda supported driver/hardware but only a "virtual" BDA driver but not sure on that point

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Still worth trying AMD Optimizer, may only effect DX9\10 playback (more resource hungry), not Overlay that is used by a lot of media players.

Maybe worthwhile you trying to repeat the problems with using MP, try using the MPTestTool under start\programs\mediaportal.

JudgeFredd

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have tried the AMD optimizer, and it didn't help.. Would have been a surprice asswell since it's a 6000+ processor.. ;)

I may not have made myself clear earlier but i CANNOT make my tuner work in MP, since MP doesn't support it. i have made the "test file" thingy nevertheless, since i suppose the direct show, and other settings from MP affects the TVengine, so here it is, hope theres something useful in there! :) And thanks alot for the effort!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    I have tried the AMD optimizer, and it didn't help.. Would have been a surprice asswell since it's a 6000+ processor..

That's got nothing to do with it, AMD's do not like idling with CNQ enabled, great under load though.

There are errors coming out of the logs, but none seem to point anywhere.

Still trying to figure out where you got Vista SP1 from (none here) using Ultimate.

Twinham should not give you problems, but hopefully a dvb-s expert may step in here, or is it just HDD\Video files that are stuttering.

Bye.

JudgeFredd

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Ohh. wasn't aware of the CNQ problem (if CNQ is meant to mean NCQ?) anyway that's disabled since i run a RAID set, furthermore NCQ has nothing to do with AMD Optimization.. It's a new addendum to the SATA sage making even more progress on the HD optimization, as i suppose you allready know.. SP1 has been available as a BETA dl for some time, but has recently become available as a "solid" release, though i obviously has to contain atleast 12.000 errors.. ;) It's NOT a DVB-S Card but a DVB-C card, but i have no problem's as to getting the cable channels descrambled.. Only problem'S is getting the tuner to work in MP AND/OR getting the TVE3 to work with MCE

risu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Cool'n'Quiet has nothing to do with Native Command Queuing. CnQ can cause stuttering sometimes and that's what PD's trying to say I guess. You can disable it completely from BIOS but also from Vistas Powermanagement to see if disabling it makes a difference.

JudgeFredd

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Ok. i see. Cool and Quiet has been disabled from the very beginning, so that's not the problem either. I have no problem whatsoever running HDTV movies from ISO or TS files, and no problem watching live TV from other software neither.. Only the client connection from MCE to TVserver, is making bubu.. I't like playback pauses every second or so, and then somtimes flickers and stutters back and forth .. As mentioned before i would very much apreciate any kind of help making my tuner work directly in MP, since i suppose there would be no flicker there..

I've been messing a bit with the timeshift settings and it seem's to help a bit, allthoug it only diminishes the stutteromg, the best result so far was to have a TS folder in the root drive, tried on an eksternalt drive wich was very bad, and on a network drive where it didn't work at all.. TS works fine when previewing directly from TVE and also in other software like DVBViewer and such..

JudgeFredd

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Problem solved!! :)

Dunno what or where i had screwed up, but i uninstalled everything related to MediaPortal and everthing else which whas related to DVB (software and drivers). I Then dl'ed the latest vers. of TV-Engine 3 and the SVN biuld from the same day, and installed the hole thing from scratch, after that i had to mess around a bit with codec settings and other stuff, cause there where no picture at all, but after a while, i had it setup just rigt and voila!! everything works, like a charm..

I can't say for sure where it whent wrong the first time, nor what i did right the second time, but if anybody's having the same type of problem feel free to ask me anything! :)

:D To everybody who tried to help me on the way! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom