Live TV and Amazon Fire TV (1 Viewer)

Olli123

Portal Pro
February 3, 2012
Hi,
I bought a Amazon fire tv.
It's a nice device with a lot of streaming provider included.
I'm only missing a good and nice live tv integration. So I'm looking for a way to do this.
I'm running the media portal tv server on my htc. So how to get this tv on my fire tv?

I tried to use kodi with the media portal pvr plugin but this solution is only lagging like hell and not useable as a daily stable solution.

Ampdroid app is not running on the fire tv. You can not operate it with the remote controller....

The last two options are upnp/dlna or maybe sat>IP tv. Anyone made same experience with it?

PeaBee

Portal Member
September 27, 2014
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Saw this and tried Emby.
Took a bit of getting to work, but the support was above and beyond what I might have expected! The secret was making it play "direct" (and avoid transcoding). Looked pretty good, but...
Often quite a delay before playing stably, especially live TV, (5-25 seconds, so not really unacceptable).
"Timeshifting" live TV is not possible (ever, apparently), which is a bit of a killer.
So despite Olli123's comments, I'll go back to trying to get Kodi working with Mediaportal.

radical

Portal Pro
December 16, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
LiveTV on latest Kodi "Jarvis" Beta is working quite nice on a FireTV.
Of course Hardware is not powerful enough for zapping, but even FireTV Stick is working without stuttering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom