Live TV and Recorded TV stuttering (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I was probably misled by YouTube - the last thing visible after playing your video in your posting above is four different TV pictures....

Anyway, it's up to you if you would like to provide full debug level logs or not. Right now we are just chatting, which is not getting us anywhere.

homer.web

Portal Member
    December 7, 2014
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Yes, I will. A soon as I get home I will do it. Thanks for help anyway, even for chatting.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    The MePo debug function from the startmenu is also collecting a few other things, e.g. the Windows event logs, which may give additional indication. It will also deactivate some plugins to eliminate non-core functions as source of the problem. Younare for example using an old veriosn of FanartHandler, which will also do some lookup when you are playing videos. Unlikely though that this creates regular 1s breaks, yet one never knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

FYI: I now got TV Server running also under Windows system user while being able to write to a network share (this means without having to start the service as a different user). The reason for me trying this out was that using the "different user for service" approach, there was one minor issue where TV Service could not write to the...
    FYI: I now got TV Server running also under Windows system user while being able to write to a network share (this means without...
    Hi everybody, after recently setting up a Xen hypervisor with MediaPortal 1 TV Backend on Windows Server 2012 as a virtual machine...
    Replies
    Views
    Sorry for the late response. In my experience, the EPG grabbing of a single transponder takes 2 to 3 minutes. Afterwards it takes 1 to 2 minutes to write the data to disk. To speed up the EPG stuff (not only writing but also reading the EPG guide in MediaPortal), I changed the program table (and only that table) from InnoDB to...
    Sorry for the late response. In my experience, the EPG grabbing of a single transponder takes 2 to 3 minutes. Afterwards it takes...
    I get a few "Continuity error..." after the EPG scan finished: [2021-01-30 18:56:10,278] [4c45530] [18c8] - mhw reset [2021-01-30...
    Replies
    Views
    Well it's been a couple of days and we've had no more unable to play errors .
    Well it's been a couple of days and we've had no more unable to play errors .
    I've just upgraded the motherboard, CPU, ram, boot drives and PSU in my TV Server (always on), and am now having intermittent...
    Replies
    Views
    But I also have good news - I have solved the issue. I had tried to find an updated driver for the PCTV 290e USB tuner I have, but had no luck. I then contacted Hauppage support to see if they had a new driver for it. They eventually replied this morning suggesting to install their WinTV product, as it updates the drivers too. And...
    But I also have good news - I have solved the issue. I had tried to find an updated driver for the PCTV 290e USB tuner I have, but...
    Hi, My MP install has been flawless for ages, but has just started stuttering this last few days. I rebooted, but it made no...
    Replies
    Views
    I have been having stutter problems with some single-song videos stuttering. I mean the audio continues playing as normal but the video stops for a few seconds and then picks up again in sync with the audio. this happens with about 1 in 10 videos. Different copies of the exact same video play OK. Also, with some videos of TV shows...
    I have been having stutter problems with some single-song videos stuttering. I mean the audio continues playing as normal but the...
    I have been having stutter problems with some single-song videos stuttering. I mean the audio continues playing as normal but the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom