Live TV Audio/Video Sync (1 Viewer)

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    I hve just upgraded to RC3 and have noticed that there is a audio/video sync problem when watching live TV. The audio is delayed slightly, perhaps by .5 sec. If I timeshift back 15secs then playback is fine. It seems to affect only SD, as HD (BBC & ITV) televison is fine.

I'm am using ffdshow (as I did in RC2), but still get it with other TV playback codecs. This is the first time I have had this type of problem - never an issue with 1.0.2 or 1.1 RC1, RC2 etc.

Am I missing something really simple?? :D

mackis5

Portal Member
    July 28, 2007
    I hve just upgraded to RC3 and have noticed that there is a audio/video sync problem when watching live TV. The audio is delayed slightly, perhaps by .5 sec. If I timeshift back 15secs then playback is fine. It seems to affect only SD, as HD (BBC & ITV) televison is fine.

I'm am using ffdshow (as I did in RC2), but still get it with other TV playback codecs. This is the first time I have had this type of problem - never an issue with 1.0.2 or 1.1 RC1, RC2 etc.

Am I missing something really simple?? :D

I can just confirm the exact same problem with the same setup.

mshorthose

Portal Member
    September 8, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just had this problem with RC4 - huge audio sync delay on live TV but fine with recorded material.
    I don't know why this works or whether it was the correct approach to fixing the problem but I changed the following setting and now everything is OK:
    In Media Portal Configuration:
    >Codecs and Renderer
    >Video Renderer tab
    Change from Enhanced Video Renderer (EVR) to Video Mixing Renderer 9 (VMR9)

EVR seems to be the default setting.

Any further info on whether this is the correct fix gratefully received.

Martin

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Change from Enhanced Video Renderer (EVR) to Video Mixing Renderer 9 (VMR9)

EVR seems to be the default setting.

If you are using Vista / Windows 7 then EVR is the correct renderer type to be used (VMR9 is not supported by the team).

mshorthose

Portal Member
    September 8, 2009
    Home Country
    I'm using Vista so should indeed be using EVR - however, switching to the other seems to cure the problem.
    Any idea what else it might be so that I can switch back?
    At this stage it's more a case of "whatever works" since there was about a second time lag in audio on TV which made it unwatchable as it was.
    Tell me what else to tweak instead!

techchad

Portal Member
    March 5, 2006
    I can confirm that I am having the same issue with Mediaportal RC4 using ffdshow (SAF 5.00 latest build), only happening in Live TV.

mshorthose

Portal Member
    September 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Changed back to EVR yesterday to see if the sync delay returned - turns out it is fine now.
    This RC4 seems to have a mind of its own -
    When I switch channels now, I am transported back about 30 minutes on the channel I was watching previously!
    When I 'fast forward' to 'End' I get what it is I want to watch.
    Wierd!

Cousin_Jerry

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2006
    I've found with my Windows 7 machine that using the FFDShow codecs produce sync issue but also the EVR renderer produces a stutter and jerky playback.

Switching to VRM9 and the microsoft codes cures both issues.

techchad

Portal Member
    March 5, 2006
    Switching all of the TV Codecs to Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio & Video with EVR has corrected the issues for me on Windows 7 x64.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom