Completed Living room design (1 Viewer)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just finished tearing down my living room and replastering, any questions please ask. i will try get some more photos of mediaportal running too.

20120917_132327.jpg
    20120917_132250.jpg
    20120918173405.jpg

Last edited:

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Added another pic showing media portal ;-) the media pc is upstairs in the back spare bedroom i have chased all cables into the walls and up through the floor upstairs so there is not a single cable related to tv/media center on show at all (y)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Man its like a ghost town in these forums lol

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Fractal Design microATX case
    Intel Core i5 Processor
    6gb DDR3 Ram
    ATI 6450 Graphics Card
    Creative Xfi sound card
    160gb hdd for OS
    160gb hdd for TV buffer
    2TB hdd for movies and music etc

Yamaha AV receiver for full 5.1 surround sound

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    I've also added a floating wall with rgb led strips for effect. i use a wireless rf keyboard when i need to use one but other than that i have a marmatek ir repeater behind the tv which allows me to control using an mce remote.

Attachments

• 20121102_161346.jpg
      20121102_161346.jpg
      1.3 MB

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Hi wiz

Nice setup, easy dusting just the way I like it, cannot have the other half blocking the view to the TV when she should be in the kitchen getting the beer ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
    I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
    Remember PAL DVDs of US movies and TV Shows, and how they were converted to 25 fps thus introducing a "smurf lite" pitch on the...
    Replies
    Views
    MP2 is based on Windows as OS for server and client, accordingly not ment for phones. There are 3rd party apps, that can conntect to a MP2-server, but they are not free of charge and no help is provided by us. Please check our WIKI for details first. It works well with mouse, keyboard, remote and touch display. In case you have...
    MP2 is based on Windows as OS for server and client, accordingly not ment for phones. There are 3rd party apps, that can conntect...
    I run a windows 10 PC and its connected to my tv in the living room. I then stream to devices around the house from the PC. I use...
    Replies
    Views
    Well, despite disabling ipv6, I can still see the error this morning. I guess the errors are random, no worries. I did a search for "genaservercontroller" and got 2 hits that reference Mediaportal 2 on Github. The linked items are from long ago, 12 years or so. Google-Results-Here
    Well, despite disabling ipv6, I can still see the error this morning. I guess the errors are random, no worries. I did a search...
    I just finished up reinstalling MP today to 1.31 and noticed these two errors in the TVService.log [2023-08-20 08:11:24,628] [Log...
    Replies
    Views
    I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home theatre room with a beamer and has Media Portal installed, from the living room, where there is a TV that is connected to the HTPC. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do this remote control once the...
    I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home...
    I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home...
    Replies
    Views
    I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at all. I just wanted to: understand current Status & Situation understand my Options for a stable System improve my Knowledge & learn from Experts Especially because your limited Dev Resources and the...
    I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at...
    Hello Folks, Yesterday I upgraded to Mediaportal 2.5 via uninstalling 2.4.1 first and then install the latest .NET6 Variant of...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom