Loading icon while app working (1 Viewer)

mikael

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I would like an animation in middle of the screen while the app is working, for example while opening My Videos from the main screen. Just like in MCE 05. If not, the application feels slow and heavy.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I second this request.

Sometimes MP takes a bit of tme to launch a new window and when nothing happens it makes you worry that the app has crashed.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Wouldn't the better request to decrease load times so a visual indicator to show that MP is actually doing something (allbut slowly) is not needed?

Mike

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    It seems logical that if there was a simple way to reduce loading times then that would be already implemented.
    Until that time, something as simple as an hourglass or a "working" icon would greatly help.

moullas

Portal Pro
    January 15, 2005
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    While it would be better to decrease loading times as to not need a loading time indicator, good UI design dictates that it's better to show the user what's going on with the program (Status) at all times. Since you can't guarantee that MP will always run on fast pc's that will load fast, a loading time indicator would be a really nice feature on all places that there is a delay

Or even a small status indicator on some corner of the screen

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
    Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
    Replies
    Views
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    Hi, I have just upgraded from MP 2.2.2 to MP 2.4.1, and now the client won't start. I see the splash screen, and then it just...
    Replies
    Views
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work. Spotify desktop app installed on same computer as you are going to use with MediaPortal Getting ready Create an app at spotify, use this link: Dashboard | Spotify for Developers, you have to login. Click...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Replies
    Views
    I´ll have a look and report back ;)
    I´ll have a look and report back ;)
    Hello @ajs, I would like to add an additional animation for the winner of the MP game Hexxagon in the file MyHexxagon.xml, as used...
    Replies
    Views
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video signal") on the TV I suspect the AVR has something to do with that. If I manually put the TV only into standby when TV is playing but paused then on wakeup I could not immediately take it out of pause and...
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video...
    Hi all, I´m using MP 1.30 at the moment and have a problem which also exists on my system on previous versions. So I don´t think...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom