Loading window plugins takes very long (1 Viewer)

gurabli

Portal Pro
July 20, 2010
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: Windows7 Ultimate x32
CPU Type: AMD Athlon II X2 240
HDD: WD Green 1.5TB EARS
Memory: 2x1 Kingston HyperX 1066 Mhz
Motherboard: Asus M4A785D-M Pro
Video Card: Onboard ATI 4200HD
Video Card Driver: 0706
Sound Card: VIA HD
Sound Card AC3: optical out
Sound Card Driver: 6.0.1.7900
1. TV Card: Teratec Cinergy C PCI HD
1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
1. TV Card Driver: 1.1.1.504
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow 3574 (SAF 5)
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow 3574 (SAF 5)
h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink Video Decoder (PDVD10) (SAF 5)
Satelite/CableTV Provider: DigiCable
HTPC Case: Antec Micro Fusion Remote
Cooling: Alpine 64 GT
Power Supply: Antec Micro 350 80+
Remote: Logitech Harmony 515 (MCR)
TV: Panasonic TH-42PX80
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hi!
I have set up MediaPortal for the new HTPC, and I have a question, that actually might be not a problem, but you could probably help me. When MePo is starting, it takes around a minute to go pass the 'Loading window plugins' stage. Is it normal that it takes so long or it is something with my settings that I might be able to correct/adjust?

Thank you!

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Loading window plugins takes very long

This often depends on the amount of plugins installed and the general performance of your HTPC.
    You should also check that you use the latest versions of the plugins and the compatibility with your MP version.

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Re: AW: Loading window plugins takes very long

No extra plugins installed, except StreamedMP skin with Moving Pictures and TV Show, but in debug it's not used. The power of HTPC hardware should be way enough. It happens in debug mode as well, slow startup.

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I have found the reason for many of my problems, including the slow startup, slow Loading window plugins, PowerScheduler not working, etc: it is Eset SmartSecurity Firewall causing all the problems. Of course, I have tried to configure it to exclude MePo (both in antivirus and firewall) and to allow all the ports, etc, but according to the firewall log, it still tries to block something that is relatied to TVserver, I guess. I do not know how to configure it, I will post the logs from the firewall when I'm back at home. Perhaps somebody will know how can Eset Firewall be configured to work alongside MePo, if yes, please post here your setting. (And do not tell, please, to disable everything, for in that case, why using firewall at all?).

I need a firewall, cause my HTPC is a download box as well, and not want to be exposed. Right now, I'm running with Eset Firewall disabled, and Windows Firewall enabled + Eset Antivir.

Tamuin

March 28, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I hate to resurrect an old thread, but the title of this is spot on. I have spent a bit of time searching through the forums and don't see a solution, so I thought I would mention what I had found out

I have noticed that the amount of time that medialportal spends "loading windows plugins" get longer and longer as time goes on (I am running 1.6, but there are discussions in the forums about this issue going way back).

I have found a work around, but I can't figure out the solution to this issue.

After I installed mediaportal 1.6 and got it configured the way that I wanted it, I backed up the %programdata%\Team MediaPortal directory. I have found that I can get mediaportal to startup quickly if I replace my current %programdata%\Team MediaPortal directory with my backup.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be causing this?

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    You will need add log files so people can see what it causing problems. Based on your description maybe 1 of your plugins has a corrupt database problem but that is a random guess. See

log files
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/Forum/How_to_post_logs

Don't forget to include Logs and fill in System Specs for Support!
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-and-fill-in-system-specs-for-support.118424/

If you look in your MePo Client log folder, the error.log file might show where problems are happening. If I was having a similar problem I'd try disabling all MePo plugins, make sure basic MePo Client only started cleanly. Then try adding plugins 1 by 1 to see what triggers the slow startup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom