Local Data Refresh (1 Viewer)

MP2 Fan

Portal Member
November 20, 2020
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
When I right-click (mouse) or Press 'i' (remote) I get the option to Reimport the data for a Movie or TV Series.

This then politely informs me that it only works with an internet connection.

Why? I live in an area where we have only really old Aluminium telephone cables - no fibre.

Therefore, I slowly and carefully deal with all my own meta-data, which is stored in the relevant Movie/Series local folders.
Sometimes the importer 'misses' Episodes and/or Cover art etc.
This is not MP2, but a very busy network probably not responding in a timely fashion.
As the individual Reimport option doesn't work without the internet, the only option is to remove the Movie/Series from the physical folder, reimport the media source to totally remove it, then put it back and reimport the media source again.

It would also be nice to do this if I just changed my mind as to the Poster I want displayed.

Can this option be changed to include a 'Local Data Only' option, or to just do it even without a scraper set up (mine are all set to off in the Library Options)?

BTW. The 'Note' line at the bottom of the Reimport screen has scraper spelt scrapper.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As the individual Reimport option doesn't work without the internet, the only option is to remove the Movie/Series from the physical folder, reimport the media source to totally remove it, then put it back and reimport the media source again.
    The "reimport" function is ment differenty, maybe the name is misleading. It's to fix a single wrongly imported media item, not to generally reimport all media items. When having online scrappers off and only local infos activated during inital import, this can basically not happen (because the user provided the correct offline data). But when importing from online sources media items could be recognized wrongly by file name (e.g. same movie with different year, another audio album extended edition, ..). Only for this case the "reimport" function is intended and accordingly at least one online scrapper is needed to select possible media items from a list of matches.

@henso What does "refresh" exactly do and how could a user just force the reimport of offline data for a single media item (assuming he changed the nfo file and FanArt) ?

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    @henso What does "refresh" exactly do and how could a user just force the reimport of offline data for a single media item (assuming he changed the nfo file and FanArt) ?
    I think that is what "refresh" does.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I could confirm previous statement several times. Changing posters or nfo files and triggering a "refresh" does nothing for me.
    One example is the movie "1%" with attached nfo file. I triggered multiple times a refresh and still no descripton visible in client. I attached also the log files.

Attachments

• Server.log
      1.2 MB
    • 1% (2018) h264-1080p DTS-6ch.7z
      1.3 KB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    At least the normal "refresh" mode of the importer depends on modification time of the media item. So if the original file is still the same as of import time, no updates will be done. As consequence, the importer will also not check for further changes on associated files.

@henso do we already have a kind of "force refresh" mode for single items? This would be needed to override the logic above

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    @henso do we already have a kind of "force refresh" mode for single items? This would be needed to override the logic above
    Well we do that by marking a media item as dirty. The nfo importer though has a cache so it will not read the changed nfo file. I think a restart of the server would make it read the modified file. For fanart it should start an import if a media item is changed, but will only do so if there is not "enough" fanart in the cache. If the fanart cache is not used, it should always use the changed files, but the client has a cache for fanart, so a restart of the client would probably be needed to see it.

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I can confirm and am very happy with the option "Refresh" in movies.
    I have a totally offline database and it does exactly what I was hoping for.
    I had a few movies which had incorrect "sort titles" and "classifications"
    Changed with tMM and updated the .nfo and clicked refresh and it updated the perfectly.

MP2 Fan

Portal Member
    November 20, 2020
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I also confirm that the issue is fine with movies.

My initial query was because the importer was 'missing' some of the Season Posters and using the Series Poster by default.

This is not resolved because there is no 'Refresh' Option for Seasons. So the only option at present is to remove the Series, double-check the info with tMM, put it back in place, re-import and do a final check.

If wrong, then do it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom