Lock up when scrolling My Videos with Blue 3 Wide

Discussion in '1.0 RC4 and SVN Builds' started by nickotron, December 4, 2008.

1. nickotron
    • Premium Supporter

nickotron MP Donator

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    When scrolling up/down through My Videos, my machine consistently hangs when using skin Blue 3 Wide. This doesn't happen with Blue 2 or Monochrome. I assume its trying to put some summary info on the screen about the currently selected file, and that overflows or similar.

To describe in detail: I scroll down the My Videos list (through files in a local HD). The top few entries are all folders and are fine, but when I hit the first video ("Batman Begins.ts") the display no longer updates. I still hear a click every time I scroll. Even Ctrl/Alt/Del doesn't update the screen (but pressing my case power button does cause a Shutdown).

This consistently happens when I scroll to this file. I don't think there's anything special about it - just the first one in the list. Its a .ts recorded using MP RC3. There is no .xml in the dir with it.

With either Monochrome or Blue 2 Wide, its fine. The entry can be selected and played just fine.

I presume I won't have any logs to attach given this requires a power reset. Can attached the 8Gb file if that helps or screen shots before it hangs.

Thanks.

N.

One other thing: Have always wondered why MP Config section is "Movies" yet MP shows "My Videos". Unnecessarily confusing, especially for first timers. Good thing to fix before final release.

TV-Server Version: 1.0 RC4
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC4
    MediaPortal Skin: Monochrome 2.3
    Windows Version: Windows XP Pro SP3
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core
    HDD: Sumsung 1T
    Memory: 2 Gb (less 500Mb for Ramdisk)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H
    Video Card: Integrated ATI™ Radeon™ X1250
    Video Card Driver:
    Sound Card: Integrated ALC889A 8-Channel HD
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV Nova S
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
    MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Optus D1 (FreeView NZ)
    HTPC Case:
    Cooling:
    Power Supply: Corsair VX450W
    Remote: Hauppauge
    TV: Sony 32" LCD
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!