Logitech 659 to control PC? (1 Viewer)

loki_racer

November 25, 2005
I am in the process of rounding up all the parts I need to build an HTPC. I plan on using MP as the interface and have a couple questions.

I currently have the Logitech® Harmony 659 Advanced Universal Remote to control all my electronics. I also have a standard Win XP Pro computer. I want to know what I need to allow me to use the Windows Remote Keyboard(or other IR keyboard, suggestions please) and my Logitech 659 remote to control MP.

I know I need some type of IR receiver, but which one will work best for my needs.

Also, what is the best PVR software to use with MP?

Thanks a ton.[/code]

dpirs

Portal Member
July 5, 2005
Wel,l I have used the IR receiver from www.ir-shop.de. This site doesn't exist any more, but any IR (not IRDA) reciever that works with girder would do. Logitech Harmony remote control works with girder (and MP) wery well, although you need to invest some time to install them.

More simple solution would be MCE remote control (you can use only receiver, without remote), or any other IR reciver that is supported natively form MP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thanks. Your screenshot is showing the "TVGuide", the mentioned "MiniEPG" appears, if you press "enter" or "OK" during Live-TV. But you're right, the channel arrow and PIP button are not reachable by mouse, something insibile is overlapping them and preventing focus. I'll fix that. Anyway, I'll provide a new installer to you soon...
Thanks. Your screenshot is showing the "TVGuide", the mentioned "MiniEPG" appears, if you press "enter" or "OK" during Live-TV. But...
I have a new tuner card (Hauppauge model 01609: WinTV-quadHD). It has four tuners and also an IR remote control. I can't figure...
Replies
Views
First of all: The MePo 1.19 on Win10 32Bit with the same Remote is running in exact the same configuration ... Yes: I also will use a Harmony Elite for my new Livingroom HTPC. I've buyed the HAMA only for the IR-Receiver that I need I've tested the new HTPC with MePo 1.27 and it will not stop with all Remotes. Also not with the...
First of all: The MePo 1.19 on Win10 32Bit with the same Remote is running in exact the same configuration ... Yes: I also will...
Stop Button is not working when pressing while watching a TV recording. So Stopping is only by jumping to the end ... I use this...
Replies
Views
I didn’t know this, however as they hadn’t announced anything new for a while I should have guessed. Sad though. I’ve had a harmony remote for about 15years. Now I’m using the elite with hub and it’s amazing. hopefully they stick to their word and keep up support.
I didn’t know this, however as they hadn’t announced anything new for a while I should have guessed. Sad though. I’ve had a harmony...
As announced on the Logitech forums: Announcement: Harmony Remote Manufacturing, Service and Support Update Hello folks, We have...
Replies
Views
upon a second look at MP Config, there is no latency setting... only "Repeat delay" and "Repeat speed" settings, not even in Windows is there a setting for latency for HID devices. If the remote doesn't have those settings in the MyHarmony setup, then there is no recourse. :(
upon a second look at MP Config, there is no latency setting... only "Repeat delay" and "Repeat speed" settings, not even in...
I have a Logitech Harmony 650 remote and Microsoft 1040 IR receiver which I used successfully for several years on a home-built PC...
Replies
Views
I have now connected the IR Receiver from the HAMA Remote and enabled the HDI in Remotes. It will worke
I have now connected the IR Receiver from the HAMA Remote and enabled the HDI in Remotes. It will worke
Hello I used SerialUIR on my old XP HTPC. But unfortunately I can't get it to work right now. I plugged the COM plug of the old...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom