logitech DiNovi Mini

Discussion in 'other Input / Output interfaces' started by toys, August 19, 2011.

1. toys

toys New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi im thinking to buy a logitech Dinovo mini... Anyone has good experience with this device in Mediaportal?
    Does the Multimediakeys like play, stop, reverse work properly?

Thanks!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. technick

technick Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +147 / 0
    Home Country:
    France France
    Hi I have one and never use it, you should buy another htpc keyboard. There is no functions key ! Many simple keys are pretty impossible to do. Definitely not a good keyboard. 99% of MP control is done with my harmony one. If I need to buy one now I look something like this : Wireless HTPC Keyboard | Geeky Gadgets, bigger but useable.

Technick

You should buy a RF/BT keyboard (not IR)

4. manyakim
    • Premium Supporter

manyakim MP Donator

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    I have a Dinovo Mini keyboard. It's beeing used by me as backup remote controller in case of my harmony 900 does not function. but primarely i use it to configure MP.
    For these purposes it's functioning well but i wouldn't recommend it as a primary input device for a htpc.

5. geoffstewart
    • Premium Supporter

geoffstewart MP Donator

Ratings:
    +67 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Show System Specs
    I like my dinovo mini, but only as a stop gap when my MX-500 remote does not do what I want... the dinovo mini is too expensive imho for what it is.... however, the bluetooth works better than any other remote keyboard for HTPC I've every owned (I've had about 5... IR and RF).

6. munklefish

munklefish Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

I've got a DiNovo Mini, and it is amazing.

I've been a long time user of MP and used various remotes and keyboards. The Dinovo is the best by miles and at a great price too.

For me I wouldnt use anything else. Sure, some of the keys dont work out of the box for MP but 2-3 mins reading in the forums shows you how to map them in MP and its really easy wvwn for an inexperienced user.

Likewise there are some key combos that are a bit tricky but thats usually because there is a better way to do it.

Go ahead and buy one, then invest an hour to learn the mappings and where the key combos are hidden etc. Oh and it does have function keys.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!