logitech DiNovi Mini (1 Viewer)

toys

August 10, 2011
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi im thinking to buy a logitech Dinovo mini... Anyone has good experience with this device in Mediaportal?
Does the Multimediakeys like play, stop, reverse work properly?

Thanks!

technick

Portal Pro
May 6, 2009
Home Country
France France
Hi I have one and never use it, you should buy another htpc keyboard. There is no functions key ! Many simple keys are pretty impossible to do. Definitely not a good keyboard. 99% of MP control is done with my harmony one. If I need to buy one now I look something like this : Wireless HTPC Keyboard | Geeky Gadgets, bigger but useable.

Technick

You should buy a RF/BT keyboard (not IR)

manyakim

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2005
    Zeeland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have a Dinovo Mini keyboard. It's beeing used by me as backup remote controller in case of my harmony 900 does not function. but primarely i use it to configure MP.
    For these purposes it's functioning well but i wouldn't recommend it as a primary input device for a htpc.

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I like my dinovo mini, but only as a stop gap when my MX-500 remote does not do what I want... the dinovo mini is too expensive imho for what it is.... however, the bluetooth works better than any other remote keyboard for HTPC I've every owned (I've had about 5... IR and RF).

munklefish

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2006
    Hi,

I've got a DiNovo Mini, and it is amazing.

I've been a long time user of MP and used various remotes and keyboards. The Dinovo is the best by miles and at a great price too.

For me I wouldnt use anything else. Sure, some of the keys dont work out of the box for MP but 2-3 mins reading in the forums shows you how to map them in MP and its really easy wvwn for an inexperienced user.

Likewise there are some key combos that are a bit tricky but thats usually because there is a better way to do it.

Go ahead and buy one, then invest an hour to learn the mappings and where the key combos are hidden etc. Oh and it does have function keys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 Volume property DE
    Thank you very much
    Thank you very much
    Good evening, Does anyone know if there is a Mediaportal property to report the current volume level as an integer? I have looked...
    Replies
    Views
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV audiodecoder shows status 'bistreaming' on the output. What is your LAV status?
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV...
    My apologies for posting two separate issues in one posting, however, the logs I have cover both. 1. Resume playback of...
    Replies
    Views
    If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted during the reinstall of MP. I also had to do the same with TRAKT which had some issues too that were not apparent at the time. All is well once again. :cool:
    If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted...
    After much trial and error and comparing this computer with another that was working, I finally found out that Fanarthandler...
    Replies
    Views
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is completey broken with NET4 and NET6 :( Neither an existing profile can be selected nor a new one can be created.
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is...
    Description: Hi there. First of all, I appreciate all the effort in MediaPortal 2 release 2.5 - visible changes look great (eg...
    Replies
    Views
    Yes correct that would have solved it. I guess I was more interested in finding out what I had done to cause the problem as the error message was of no help. By deleting everything I wouldn't have known so it was a learning curve for future reference. Fully understood I thought that might be the case. I also had some issues with...
    Yes correct that would have solved it. I guess I was more interested in finding out what I had done to cause the problem as the...
    I've just updated to Win 10 on a second drive and am installing MP 1.31. Having a bit of trouble with the install with the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom