Logitech discontinues Harmony universal remotes (1 Viewer)

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
September 5, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
As announced on the Logitech forums: Announcement: Harmony Remote Manufacturing, Service and Support Update

Hello folks,

We have been getting questions from the community surrounding the future of Harmony, and we’re here with an official update.

While Harmony remotes are and continue to be available through various retailers, moving forward Logitech will no longer manufacture Harmony remotes.

We expect no impact to our customers by this announcement. We plan to support our Harmony community and new Harmony customers, which includes access to our software and apps to set up and manage your remotes. We also plan to continue to update the platform and add devices to our Harmony database. Customer and warranty support will continue to be offered.

We thank all members of the Harmony community, for allowing us into your living rooms and entertainment stacks. Please visit the Q&A below for further information.

-Will from Harmony.

Is Logitech selling/closing/discontinuing Harmony? Logitech has made the decision to discontinue manufacturing Harmony remotes. Remaining Harmony remote inventory will continue to be available through retailers for new customers, and support will continue to be offered.

Does this mean Logitech is no longer innovating on Harmony and designing new Harmony products? Yes. Remaining Harmony remote inventory will continue to be available through retailers for new customers and support will continue to be offered.

Does this mean Logitech will no longer be maintaining the Harmony database and software? No. Logitech plans to continue maintaining the Harmony database and software.

What’s the last day we can buy/find a Harmony? As supplies last at your retailers.

What happens to my warranty? The decision to end manufacturing does not change your Harmony’s warranty - https://www.logitech.com/footer/terms-of-use?id=3101.

What does the future hold for Harmony? Logitech plans to continue service and support for Harmony remotes.

Can you keep the service on so my remote will still work? Yes. Customers can continue to enjoy what they’ve always enjoyed about Harmony: a powerful universal remote control in a world with many devices connected to the TV.

I use my Harmony with Alexa and Google, will the integrations with 3rd parties change? This decision only impacts the manufacturing of new Harmony remotes. We plan to continue to offer service and support.

Will my Harmony remote be impacted? When? There should be no impact with existing Harmony customers, we plan to continue to offer service and support.

How long will you keep the service and support going really? Our goal is to keep service running as long as customers are using it.

When you say I’ll continue to get service and support, what does that mean? We plan to continue to make updates to the Harmony desktop software and Harmony apps for Android/iOS. Our support team will continue to be available, and we will continue to offer resources such as FAQs on support.myharmony.com.

I just bought a Harmony, can I get a refund? Please refer to the return policy from the place of purchase. No exceptional refunds will be given as the Harmony service and customer support are not impacted.

Will Logitech do anything for me for my inconvenience? We do not expect your Harmony experience to be impacted as a result of this decision.

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I didn’t know this, however as they hadn’t announced anything new for a while I should have guessed. Sad though. I’ve had a harmony remote for about 15years. Now I’m using the elite with hub and it’s amazing.
    hopefully they stick to their word and keep up support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom