Logitech Harmony Smart Control Remote (1 Viewer)

ejtje

Portal Pro
November 29, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hey all,

I'm looking for a new remote, that can control MP, and my TV. And since i dont realy like the IR devices I found one new look remote of logitech. The Harmony Smart Control http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/harmony-smart-control

Does anybody already has this remote or has a idea if it will be compatible with MP?

Thx!

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    That remote solutions use the same database as the other Logitech devices, and there are some options in there that are compatible with MePo. I use a Harmony 900 w the RF system and it emulates a MCE Remote 1039 and it works perfect.

Using your phone/tab whatever may sound like a cool and good idea, but there is one major drawback - you have to look at it to use it. On a physical remote you learn where the buttons are and you almost never need to look at it. There is also a remote in the package that you can use if you like me realize that a physical remote is easier to use.

So to answer the question, yes it will work with MedaPortal.

ejtje

Portal Pro
    November 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thx for you reply Fred,

A totally agree about the smart phone remote opinion. I tried that and had some problems with connection after watching a full movie or after getting the HTPC out sleep mode. The bonus what is get for going for a harmony device is that I also can control my TV and Cable device. Yes i still watch TV via the cable :).

The only trouble there is that the logitech smart control isn't that easy to get yet.

Greetings

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom