Logitech UltraX Media Remote -remote control (1 Viewer)

pahakurki

May 2, 2006
Hi ! I have this fine remote control, but MediaPortal doesn't fully support it :( Otherwise it's fairly usable, but for example watching movies is not possible, unless you want to dig your mouse/keyboard to the rescue. You can get the movie playing, but that's it...stop/pause/ffw and so on doesn't work, maybe if you try really hard, you can get it somehow to the MP "front page"...So, could you please make MP to support this otherwise fine and reeeeallly cheap remote control ?

pahakurki

May 2, 2006
X10, no help

freshmint said:
i guess its this remote: http://salzburg.com.geizhals.at/a150617.html

i'm not sure but it looks like it could be a X10 remote, so maybe you should try to switch remote control settings to X10 remote in the media portal setup.
hope this works.

That's it, but no help there. I'm getting quite pissed off with this remote, it's cheap, it's pretty and it almost works....but not enough.
Would somebody be so kind and try to make it work better with MP ?
I cannot afford to buy MCE or any other remotes, here in Finland those things cost ridiculous amounts of money.

Oh yeah, almost forgot to say...the remote works quite good with Meedio, but it's not free and it has such a crappy features...I like MP more.

Acolyte57

June 3, 2006
Oddly, I have the exact same remote and though half the buttons (everything on top and bottom) doesn't work, the rest works just fine. I'm not sure why you wouldn't have play controls, as they work fine here. This guy has no problem either: http://www.techangel.co.uk/reviews/remotes/

Would it be possible for Mediaportal to get a remote plugin similar to the one for the MCE remote? I don't know if there are many more people who own an ultrax, but I'd love to see the top and bottom keys work. I could install Girder and make them work by hand, but that means I'd have to buy Girder, which is more expensive than just buying a regular MCE remote.... Not very efficient.

cruzlee

Portal Member
June 2, 2006
more popular by the day

I also bought one. They are really on sale here in the Netherlands, and I think more and more people are waiting for a plugin! :)

I'll just wait it out a little, because I really like the damn thing.

Miron

Portal Member
August 23, 2006
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
I also bought one before 5 months for only 30 Euros.
Will be great to support it with a plugin in MP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom