LogoManager 1.0.0.3 [27-11-2022] (1 Viewer)

kdschlosser

Portal Member
February 26, 2015
Evergreen CO
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Um, I just actually did some digging through Logo Manager. I think I may have found a problem. You guys have all of the Icons. Pretty Much. Even the ones I am missing that for some reason did not download from you. and I believe I know why.

See I renamed all of the channels to be Friendly Names. and the ones I did not rename it married the logo correctly. I am Thinking that you are pulling from the TABLE:channel FIELD:displayName in the SQL Database. and Should Be pulling from TABLE:tuningdetail FIELD:name

I believe. Not sure why they aren't downloading the repository otherwise. the only thing I have done is rename them. I also moved the Music Choice Channels into the Radio where they belonged along with MTV and VH1 and things like that. I expected those not to download properly. So not sure about approx 150 channels that didn't download that you do in fact have. Just that It's not matching the name for some reason.

I would Imagine that the process for the download should be.

It grabs the tuningdetail:name matches it to the logo that is on the repository. takes a look grabs tuningdetail:idchannel queries channel:idchannel finds channel:displayName and renames the file the same I'm not sure I do have random channel logos that i do not have mapped to a card or even a guide. So to be homest I have no idea.
I did notice that there are quite a few channels that might be because of the special characters thing

example
I am not sure where the problem is. But I didn't download the logo

example of changed name

tuningdetail:name
Starz! East

channel:displayname
Starz!

Repository file name
Starz East

All of the Music Choice Channels I changed to be MC (Channel Name) and I changed the Radio flag to be a 1 and moved and moved the id's into the Table for radio Maybe make a little utility to do that for people with the Cable Music Choice channels and option for the MTV type stations (Video does come through properly even tho it is in the Radio section)

Last edited:

kdschlosser

Portal Member
February 26, 2015
Evergreen CO
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
One other thing now that I am thinking of it. Why have the selection for Channel Groups? If you download for ALL group then it will provide Logos for all of the other groups.

I Understand that you can select a Design to each group. but then won't the All group be a mixture of all the different Logos? and if a channel is mapped to more then one group what happens then?

I haven't tried it. thought just popped into my head.

And i did notice that each time I have changed the Design it remade it. But it is not downloading again from the repository (i changed one of the logos to see if it downloads over it) is it just a filename check it does? I want to know so if i put my channel logos in there with a resolution of 190x190 that it won't overwrite them in the future. But what it does when i put them in there is it does add the glow effect to them so the glow will look the same on all of them instead of me making them. I can't seem to duplicate the way the glow works without a lot of editing (getting tired of paint type programs).

There are resize parameters in design xml file, could that be used to add the logos I made to the size that Logo Manager displays?

And the logos for the Radio are they larger than 200X200?because of that large image they make from them 200x200 is to small. Also does Logo Manager download logos for webstreams from radio stations? I have a bunch of those with the call letters and the local FM frequency as the name of the station. It didn't match those or my Music Choice stations.

Also would like to know if the DPI on the source Logo Images is high enough for a 150" 4K TV? and is that DPI changed at all before it is displayed in MediaPortal? I want to make sure of how I need to have things set because I am upgrading my TV to that 150" and I don't want to have to do work over.

Last edited:

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
wow. So much hard-to-read-not-very-english text :confused:
you could read this thread where I have explained how plugin works. In short:
1. it checks periodically (default setting - once per week) for logo updates, and download/generate them. Check is based on file date comparison of local files (if already downloaded from server) with last modification date of server files. If file on the server is newer than local one - it will be downloaded.
2. all files according to plugin settings (group + pack) will be regenerated. In settings you can select:
* design - it will be common for all logos on this client;
* logo pack for particular country that will be used for selected channel group.
The plugin process only images it has downloaded or images that it has found locally in appropriate folder with appropriate name.

. I wasn't sure if Logo Manager emptied the folder before it downloaded
No, it doesn't. It tries to keep existing files to reduce traffic and download time

The canvas size of the logo needs to be increased either before they are put into the repository or by after effects processing.
It depends on LogoPack maintainer. Usually we try to keep logo as large as possible, so most logos have 5 pixel border to each side for standard designs (all standard designs have size 200x200 pixels, so mostly max dimension of every logo is 190px).

Maybe just add a check box to enable it for all logos
Too rare case for having it as a setting for everyone. You can change it in your design folder locally - it won't be overwritten on logo update.

Is there the ability (not sure with the use or without of Logo Manager) To add Series logos into the guide.
This would be not a channel logo. As i don't watch series much, i haven't even thought how to do it. Probably, look for some special skins + Fanart plugin.

About your question on channel names: Plugin searches channel name in the mapping file. If not found - then it searches every tuning detail name (note that there can be several tuning details for one channels). If not found - then it writes error to mediaportal log.
Name comparison is case-insensitive, all spaces at the beginning and at the end are ignored. There is possibility to ignore some defined strings for particular logo pack (e.g in german logo pack the stings (KD) and (S) are ignored, as different providers can add these strings to standard channel names).
So if your channel is called "starz! east", but in logo pack you have"starz east", then you need to contact pack maintainer to insert that alias for the channel.

Why have the selection for Channel Groups?
My setup: 2 LNBs - for Astra 19.2E and HotBird 13.0E. Both satellites give me 2.5k channels. Surely i don't need most of them, so i don't use "All channels group".
Moreover, for my family being bilinguals we have channels on threee languages: russian, german and english (for me only). You can expect that i select german pack for group with mostly german channels, and russian pack - for groups with russian channels, right? Because it is much too much work to do logo packs that contain logos for over 1k channels withoug having good source for those. And local cable providers change channel names too often to maintain these changes for every country (remember, Europe is much more fragmented than US :) )

There are resize parameters in design xml file, could that be used to add the logos I made to the size that Logo Manager displays?
yes, it was made specifically for that cases.

does Logo Manager download logos for webstreams from radio stations
No, logomanager doesn't deal with radio stream content. It asks DB what channels are there and searches Logo in configured logo pack.

if the DPI on the source Logo Images is high enough for a 150" 4K TV?
Plugin doesn't care of DPI, it deals with image resolution only. When MP can utilize UHD resolution (right now there is not a single skin that can use that resolution) - then we can add designs larger that 200x200, and regenerate our logos (if bigger logo resolution is available - in repos there are mostly Source folder available, that contains logos in maximum available resolution).

I hope i have cleared all things concerning LogoManager plugin for you

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello Vasilish,
    I've moved the Swedish repository to GitHub since Google Code is shutting down. Can you please update the Swedish logomanager package to
    XML:
                    <BaseURL>https://github.com/vuego/mediaportal-swedish-tv-radio-logos</BaseURL>

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    FYI, guys, @Vasilich found out that github doesn't support LasModified HTTP header for files so it's not recommended for hosting our logos.
    So please wait some time until we suggest some options for you.
    Thanks.

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Never the Less I have the rest of the US Channels (Not local) and Quite a few logos I have just plane have more excitement to them. Up to you if you would like to have them. I just need to know if you would like the logos I have and in what format do you need them.
    Sure, ideally they should be as close to the original format as possible, with a transparent background but whatever you’ve got would be good.

Unfortunately it is quiet here, so i cannot tell you any ETA for release (and thus this plugin to be seen in MPEI)
    It works for me too, the config was updated by itself and was downloaded again if deleted.

BTW, Jasmeet, is there any topic for US logo pack? I think it should be more appropriate place to talk about logos itself, than here.
    There is this existing thread, not specific to LogoManager though. Have you and Edalex considered moving LogoManager to Popular Plugins? Then the pack threads could be moved/created there with it.

So if your channel is called "starz! east", but in logo pack you have"starz east", then you need to contact pack maintainer to insert that alias for the channel.
    Yeah, the quickest way of doing this would be if you could post an export file, with your TV channels and radio stations, @kdschlosser.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    @Jasmeet_181, we hope to push stable build to mpei in several days. Stay tuned. Moving anything to popular section is not in our powers. It should become popular at least [emoji3]

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    we have released first version of our plugin, 1.0.0.
    Changelog - on 1st page of this thread.
    It contains 4 most used designs, the rest will be downloaded after first run and on every autoupdate.
    On plugin start all known pack list will be refreshed (downloaded from our site).
    Autoupdate runs now with interval set in config file (default 7 days). In autoupdate routine pack list will be updated, and then all logos newer than downloaded existing ones will also be updated.
    Changes for skin developers:
    • we now support hover image in plugin selector - the PNG should be named Media/hover_LogoManager.png.
    • we now support progress bars during grab - one for logos in current group, and second - for group in all configured for grab groups. First progress has type progress and ID 310, second one - type progress and ID 320. Check logomanager.xml file for Titan skin.
    • we now fill text properties #LogoManager.percentChannels and #LogoManager.percentGroups that will be filled with information about current pack and group in text form (like "Group "CurrentlyGrabbingGroupName" (2/7)") during grab. Currently not in use in skins delivered with MPE.
    Please test and give us feedback!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom