[confirm] Long pause after stopping video (1 Viewer)

sleepycol

Portal Pro
June 2, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

When I play a video and press stop, I have to wait about 20seconds before MP drops back to my video titles. During the pause the video continues to play with the MP "egg-timer" circle rotating. This happens only the first time I play videos after opening MP. This happens with DIVX and H264 videos, don't have any others to try. However these played fine in earlier RC versions (I think this is a new bug maybe RC5 but definitely since RC6).

Logs from debug mode attached.....

Any help would be much appreciated as its quite annoying waiting that long ;0)

Cheers,
Colin

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Code:
    2010-07-18 13:03:52.343750 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Main: Last install from WindowsUpdate is dated NEVER !!!
    As with the original thread, there is a good chance applying updates will fix this. Please apply all updates and then cofirm if issue is still there

Delay seems to be in
    Code:
    2010-07-18 13:04:32.500000 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: GUIVideoFiles: OnPlayBackStopped store resume time
    2010-07-18 13:04:50.437500 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: GUIVideoFiles: SelectCurrentItem - nothing to do for item -1
    when we check after updates applied

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi jameson_uk,

I don't know why it says never updated as I have already ran windows update, but it didn't change the problem :(

I will re-run it though, just in case. I think I installed .net framework 4 as well, but will check when I get home. Could that be a problem?

Cheers,
    Colin

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi,

I ran windows update and there were no high priority updates. There were a couple of optional updates, so I did those. I see in the logs MP is showing as "Never" updated. This is odd as I have now done 2 windows updates.

New logs attached showing same problem (18second delay after stopping media).

Also, I noticed that I have .net framework 4 installed. Do you think this is causing any issues?

Cheers,
    Colin

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Do you have any other H264 codecs other than the FFDShow DXVA version? This is very much beta and I have found that a little flaky. I don't have any issue on XP after stopping any videos so not sure what this could be. You are playing these via My Videos yes? If so in database or shares mode? Does this happen with all video or just this one?

Also I would imagine this looks pretty stuttery as the framerate is listed as 25 by MediaInfo but your refresh rate is 60Hz ?? But I doubt this would make a difference although it is worth looking at
    Code:
    2010-07-19 19:36:35.015625 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: MediaInfoWrapper.MediaInfoWrapper: FrameRate        : 25
    2010-07-19 19:36:35.203125 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: D3D: BuildPresentParamsFromSettings using 60Hz as RefreshRate

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Do you have any other H264 codecs other than the FFDShow DXVA version? This is very much beta and I have found that a little flaky. I don't have any issue on XP after stopping any videos so not sure what this could be. You are playing these via My Videos yes? If so in database or shares mode? Does this happen with all video or just this one?

Also I would imagine this looks pretty stuttery as the framerate is listed as 25 by MediaInfo but your refresh rate is 60Hz ?? But I doubt this would make a difference although it is worth looking at
    Code:
    2010-07-19 19:36:35.015625 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: MediaInfoWrapper.MediaInfoWrapper: FrameRate        : 25
    2010-07-19 19:36:35.203125 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: D3D: BuildPresentParamsFromSettings using 60Hz as RefreshRate

Hi,

I just did some more testing and I think we are pinpointing it more now. I always use "titles" view mode in My videos to play media. However, I noticed in all previous versions of MP that when I select "shares" view mode I have to wait about 20 seconds for my movies to be listed, hence why I always used "titles" view mode. If I set view mode to "shares" and wait the 20 seconds and then play my media, when I press stop it instantly returns to my movie titles. So the issue is generating the "shares" view. Has something changed in how MP handles shares/thumbnails when stopping media in recent versions of MP as this has now slowed and affected "titles" view mode which used to be very very quick. "Titles" view mode always used to respond instantly. I have a dual core processor so PC is fast enough and it wasn't a problem before later RC's.

New logs attached to show 20second pause when entering My Videos in "shares" view mode.

Also, I have been using ffdshow and just changed to DXVA to see if it helped. I left it on DXVA, but I dont think this makes a difference to this problem,

You touched on something interesting about framerates, what should i set it to as I did notice very very very slight stuttering on certain shots when i sit close to TV and the movie is panning across a scene. Do I need to change aframerate setting?

Cheers,
    Colin

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Further to my last post regarding time to open my video "shares" view and it affecting stopping media in "titles" view.....

If I change the selected (ticked) shares folder in MP config to a different folder, "titles" view behaves correctly without any delays anywhere.

Something has changed on how the shares view is handled even when I don't use it.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    You touched on something interesting about framerates, what should i set it to as I did notice very very very slight stuttering on certain shots when i sit close to TV and the movie is panning across a scene. Do I need to change aframerate setting?
    Assuming you are watching UK stuff then refresh rate should be 50Hz for most things (bluray and some other HD will be 23.976)

Further to my last post regarding time to open my video "shares" view and it affecting stopping media in "titles" view.....

If I change the selected (ticked) shares folder in MP config to a different folder, "titles" view behaves correctly without any delays anywhere.
    Sorry I am not sure what you mean. Are you saying that if you select a different default share than the one that actually contains the videos it works ?

Something has changed on how the shares view is handled even when I don't use it.
    Changed from when? I think it could be to do with
    0002903: MyVideo - you have to leave and re-enter a folder to get the "watched" state to update - MediaPortal Bugtracker
    but this was in RC4 so was it ok under RC4?

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Assuming you are watching UK stuff then refresh rate should be 50Hz for most things (bluray and some other HD will be 23.976)

Sorry I am not sure what you mean. Are you saying that if you select a different default share than the one that actually contains the videos it works ?

Changed from when? I think it could be to do with
    0002903: MyVideo - you have to leave and re-enter a folder to get the "watched" state to update - MediaPortal Bugtracker
    but this was in RC4 so was it ok under RC4?

Did you mean windows refresh rate? My MP screen calib rate was 50Hz.

Yes your assumption is correct, if I select a different default share than the one that contains the videos all is ok in "titles" view.

I think the problem might have been present in RC4, I can't be 100% certain.

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom