Looking for a external VFD to mount into wall (1 Viewer)

Anaxares

Portal Member
December 3, 2006
Hello,

as I am using a beamer I'd like to install an external VFD into the wall below the screen. Size could be from 5.25" to 10". I think 15" could be disturbing when watching a movie e.g.
Does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Anaxares

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Do you mean VFD or LCD? You'd have trouble finding a 10" VFD without spending a lot of money and that would also be very disturbing while watching TV.

If you want a small LCD, search eBay for liliput screens. They're 7" touch screen LCDs.

Anaxares

Portal Member
    December 3, 2006
    Well, probably I got two alternatives:

- LCD >= 7"
    - VFD <= 5,25"

I think a VFD only has character columns and rows in two colors which can represent for example the title of the actual viewed movie with position information (e.g. 30 minutes of 110).

I can't imagine how MP will handle a real pixel display with let's say 640*480. Is it used also only for status information (with bigger font or more information) or can I for example "browse" through my music without to switch on the beamer?
    Does it use colors?

It would be much more appealing to have a graphical display where real animations can be played on and more information can be shown.
    I don't know how far MP supports status displays with pixel display, though (also as they are connected not via USB, but with the VGA port - would I need a second graphics card then?).

Any suggestions? :)

Thanks

Anaxares

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom