Looking for a external VFD to mount into wall

Discussion in 'General' started by Anaxares, December 19, 2006.

1. Anaxares

Anaxares Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello,

as I am using a beamer I'd like to install an external VFD into the wall below the screen. Size could be from 5.25" to 10". I think 15" could be disturbing when watching a movie e.g.
    Does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Anaxares

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Marcusb
    • Premium Supporter

Marcusb Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    Do you mean VFD or LCD? You'd have trouble finding a 10" VFD without spending a lot of money and that would also be very disturbing while watching TV.

If you want a small LCD, search eBay for liliput screens. They're 7" touch screen LCDs.

4. Anaxares

Anaxares Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, probably I got two alternatives:

- LCD >= 7"
    - VFD <= 5,25"

I think a VFD only has character columns and rows in two colors which can represent for example the title of the actual viewed movie with position information (e.g. 30 minutes of 110).

I can't imagine how MP will handle a real pixel display with let's say 640*480. Is it used also only for status information (with bigger font or more information) or can I for example "browse" through my music without to switch on the beamer?
    Does it use colors?

It would be much more appealing to have a graphical display where real animations can be played on and more information can be shown.
    I don't know how far MP supports status displays with pixel display, though (also as they are connected not via USB, but with the VGA port - would I need a second graphics card then?).

Any suggestions? :)

Thanks

Anaxares

5. CHli

CHli Portal Pro

Embedded Software Engineer
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Home Country:
    Switzerland Switzerland

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!