Lookup by Episode NAME (1 Viewer)

bnsaflsujt

Portal Pro
January 12, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
AND IT WORKS!!! I just had my first scheduled recording after having put this program in and running it. I changed my 4TR settings to account for my naming conventions for MP-TV series... AND IT NAMED IT CORRECTLY!!! No weird #'s or _'s! Thanks so much disaster123:D

m00kie

Portal Member
December 15, 2009
Well, I stayed out of the forum figuring that if I came in I'd have a useless bunch of code .... I was right. Anyway, I have a perl scanner that uses the tvdb to walk recursively through all the folders you pass to it and moves (or renames in place) all your files. It's super beta but works .... let me know if anyone has any use for it.

bnsaflsujt

Portal Pro
January 12, 2010
Home Country
m00kie,

I wouldn't come back and say that there is just some useless code! Have you even looked at what disaster123 has done? You asked two main questions in your original post: 1 - Can you find the relevant season and episode numbers for shows with just the show name and title from the file and rename the files to be picked up by MP-TV series, and 2 - Can you fill in this info pre-recording, so that you don't have to worry about renaming.

1- Sounds like you have the renaming down already.
2- EXACTLY what disaster123's tool does! It goes through either your set recordings in 4TR or MP-TV, downloads the season and episode numbers for the episodes of the shows you have set to record, and injects that information into the required database.

I have been running this for the past week now with NO hitches at all! My recordings are all named correctly, and MP-TV Series picks them up and gets the relevant data automatically.

I'm sorry if it sounds like I am coming off as rude, which I don't mean to be. However I found your statement about useless code to be EXTREMELY RUDE, and it isn't even my code... I am just trying to help here, but if further replies aren't positive in nature, you won't be seeing me in this thread again, as I don't get into forum wars.

Sincerely,
James

:D

m00kie

Portal Member
December 15, 2009
You misunderstood me - I stayed out of the forums for fear that WHEN I HAD COMPLETED MY CODE it would be useless. In other words, with murphy's law in effect I figured that after all my looking and work to find one, the minute I started writing the code myself it would appear. For that reason I just hunkered down and wrote the stuff without coming back to see if - indeed - murphy's law is in effect.

Notice the pronoun "I" in possesive form "I'd" >> "I would" >> "I would have a bunch of useless code" << that's my code - it's useless (per se, so to speak, etc)

Furthermore - notice the 'self depreciative' tone of the rest of the posting, "oh well .... if anyone needs it ....." As in I was right - someone beat me to it and it seems to work well - good for them and all of us that needed this tool. I'm sure it's prettier than a command window with perl (my solution), I haven't had a chance to check it out.

You may not go into forum wars - but you seem eager to fire one up. Before you attack someone, perhaps you should have a friend, coworker or relative peer review the posting you're going to 'defend' and see if doing so is warranted.

Having said my piece to a confusing attack I'll buck up and call "peace! - let's all just get along".

m00k

bnsaflsujt

Portal Pro
January 12, 2010
Home Country
m00kie,

Sorry for the late reply, but for some reason I didn't get a notification about the post for this thread. Anyways, I checked in and wanted to apologize for my post. Like I said I did not mean it as an attack, but apparently it came off as one. Also, I mistook your sentence "I'd have a useless bunch of code..." as saying that in your thread you would have a useless bunch of code. I am sorry. I also don't see how my defense was confusing, as I even numerated it, but oh well, that doesn't matter now. Like you said, "peace! - let's all just get along".

Sincerely,
James

P.S> This is a sincere post. Sometimes I come off as sarcastic in my posts without meaning too, so if I believe that it would be sarcastic possibly, I give it this disclaimer. I WAS being sincere, I AM sorry that I misunderstood your post. I hope you have a good day, and I look forward to seeing you around the forums!

Clueless

Portal Member
November 13, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi m00kie,
that piece of code you wrote might just be what I was looking for.
I am still running MP 1.0, so - from what I understand - can't use disaster's solution. And I do not need to change EPG data either.
Just re-naming recordings from "<series> - <title>" to "<series> S<season>E<episode>" in a post-processing step would be it, so they can be picked up by TVSeries.
That's what it does, right? and you can call it from a command line, correct?
Thanks a lot in advance!

Gerry

nicx

Portal Pro
February 1, 2006
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
hi,

i am looking for such a tool for months now, and i cant use disasters tool because i dont use mediaportal, so i need a tool for renaming any existant file from "<series> - <title>" to "<series> S<season>E<episode>" too. any change to get your code finished, m00kie?

nicx...

Keneo

Portal Pro
August 28, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hey me too, mookie.

I would love to give your program a try.

could you post a link to it?

thanks !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom