Loosing Remote Control Access after exiting TMT5 (1 Viewer)

luci5r

Portal Pro
May 30, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MediaPortal Version: 1.2 Beta
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP 1.6.6
Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
CPU Type: Intel Core i5-2500K (3.3Ghz)
HDD: Seagate 6.0Gb/s 2TB
Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3
Video Card: Intel HD 3000 (Sandy Bridge)
Video Card Driver: Intel HD 3000 (Sandy Bridge)
Sound Card: Intel HD 3000 (Sandy Bridge)
Sound Card AC3: SPDIF/Optical Out (Sandy Bridge)
Sound Card Driver: Intel HD 3000 (Sandy Bridge)
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Colossus
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: CoreAVC 2.5.5
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC 2.5.5
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Comcast
HTPC Case: Rosewill Gear X3
Cooling:
Power Supply: Rosewill Green Series 630W
Remote: Hauppauge 45-Button
TV: Samsung PN63C8000 3D Plasma
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI 1.4a

I have the Hauppauge 45-Button remote which works perfectly with my MediaPortal. I'm using ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 5 as the external player for Blu-ray/DVD playback. The Hauppauge 45-Button remote works absolutely perfect with TMT5 as well.

I'm using the Moving Pictures plugin to launch TMT5 for ISO's. So when I click an ISO, TMT5 launches & plays the ISO, and once exit TMT5, MediaPortal comes back on Full Screen.

The problem is ...

Once I "EXIT" the TotalMedia Theatre and MediaPortal comes back on - I no longer have remote control access for MediaPortal. MediaPortal no longer responds to my remote control. I have no clue why!! I have to close MediaPortal & re-open it, via keyboard/mouse, to get Remote Control access again.

Any clues?

Thanks!!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You are losing focus on MP, does one of your buttons launch MP, if not might be worthwhile trying irserversuite to map a unused button to the green mce remote button, which launchs MP and gives focus back.

Regards

luci5r

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2011
    Home Country
    You are losing focus on MP, does one of your buttons launch MP, if not might be worthwhile trying irserversuite to map a unused button to the green mce remote button, which launchs MP and gives focus back.

Regards

Ray,

I thought it was a lost focus issue as well; but I do have a keyboard/mouse connected (for now while I'm still setting things up) so I tried Alt+Tab to get the focus back on MediaPortal - even forced focus on MP using the mouse. Even at that point the remote control would not work. The *only* way the remote control would work with it is if literally Closed & Reopened MediaPortal (using my keyboard/mouse).

Although I'm still going to try what you're suggesting. I don't use the IR Server Suite; I'm using the hauppauge remote's built-in irremote.ini which is very powerful; I've been able to program all sorts of applications in it allowing me to use that remote control vastly on my HTPC. I'll see if I can map the green button to launch MediaPortal.

Will post back. Thanks.

luci5r

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2011
    Home Country

Regards

That didn't help.

I setup an independent button on the Remote to launch MediaPortal; it works absoultely fine. However, once I launch & exit TMT5, and MediaPortal comes back on the screen - hitting that button does nothing. In fact hitting any button does nothing. It's almost as if once MediaPortal comes back on after the external player exits - it completelt KILLS the remote control altogether. Absolutely nothing work except closing MediaPortal using a keyboard & re-opening it.

I don't get it!!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi luci5r

I think what happens is that MP gracefully takes over control of the remote from the Hauppauge remote monitor (IR32) when you start MP. Normally when you close MP control is given back to IR32. Presumably launching TMT messes up MP's access to the remote - perhaps MP tries to hand control back to IR32 at that stage. In any case, when TMT gives focus back to MP, MP no longer has control over the remote. Control can only be re-established by restarting MP.

Some logs with extended logging enabled would be required here...

luci5r

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2011
    Home Country
    I haven't the faintest idea what I did (or what happened); but this problem seems to have resolved on it's own. I'm able to get remote control access to MediaPortal after TMT5 closes. It's strange - but I can't complain.

Thanks.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmm, errors that appear and then disappear without any apparent cause are annoying. I've only just got my own 45 button remote (came with my Nova S Plus) working nicely. It seems to behave... most of the time. If this happens again then please don't hesitate to post back. The only thing worse than an error that disappears without doing anything is one that keeps coming back! ;)

luci5r

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Hmmm, errors that appear and then disappear without any apparent cause are annoying. I've only just got my own 45 button remote (came with my Nova S Plus) working nicely. It seems to behave... most of the time. If this happens again then please don't hesitate to post back. The only thing worse than an error that disappears without doing anything is one that keeps coming back! ;)

I've got the exact same problem again!!

I had to do a fresh install of everything; I've got everything back up & running again - all my configurations and all - I even resolved some other problems I was having (Video skipping / No audio from TV when playing DTS, etc). Absolutely everything is working except this. Right after the fresh install ... MP does not respond to remote control after playing anything in TMT5. The exact problem I used to have.

At this point it sucks that it resolved on it's own - and not something in particular that I did - cause I don't know what to do now!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom