Codecs Lose bitstreaming overnight (1 Viewer)

bighick

Portal Pro
July 6, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
So I can get bitstreaming to work for a day at a time. I can get it to work in mpc-hc, wmp, and Me-Po but the next day it just turns into choppy garbage. My onkyo 608 still shows the dts-hd or trueHD logos but it stutters and freezes constantly. I had windows x64 so I tried x86 to see if it would help but it did not.

Windows 7 32bit
Me-Po 1.1.3

Athlon II x2 240
Ati 5450

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have the same problem. All was working fine until the other day, then it seemed to only work after a re-boot (not after resume from S3), now it hardly works at all.

Have there been any Win 7 updates lately?

Robbo100

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Bighick,

Where are your lossless files stored? On a server or locally?

I think my problem may be network related. I am running a server (XP SP3) / client (Win 7) setup and I think (although I have only done limited testing so far) that the problem doesn't occur when I play media stored locally on the client, but does occur when playing media stored on the server. I am using a GB network, so I am surprised this is a problem :confused:.

I only get this problem with lossless content, so it might be due to the higher data transfer rate, or might be due to one of the virus checkers or firewalls slowing the data transfer down.

I will have a more detailed look tonight and try disabling some of the services on either PCs, as well as running wireshark from another machine to see if there are any major problems.

I will report back if I find the problem.

Robbo100

bighick

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Sorry, it has been working for a few weeks solid now.
    I had the issue with local or streamed from server.
    Been having good luck with shark007 codecs and using ffdshow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom