h.264 Video Codec: Microsoft DTV-DVD
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Antec Fusion Remote Black
Cooling: Stock
Power Supply: Corsair 650w
Remote: Imon RM200
TV: Panasonic Viera 46" plasma
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

I'm having trouble with channels going missing after using my HTPC for a while.

I do a scan for the channels, they come up, and everything is fine for a few days. And then all of a sudden I'll go to change to a certain channel and I'll get no signal.

It happens to the same four channels each time - I'll just lose all four.

After it happens, I re-scan to see if it will find the channels, but they don't come up in a re-scan either.

I"ve uninstalled the tv card and reinstalled it, updated drivers, and still I have this problem.

Sometimes, it takes uninstalling/re-installing it a few times for me to get the channels back.

Every time it happens I plug the antenna back into the tv to see if it's an antenna problem, but everything is fine when going through the tv tuner.

The first time it happened it appeared to be Mediaportal specific, as I could get the missing channels on Windows Media Centre. But now even Media Centre can't find them.

THIS IS AN ADDITION/EDIT: The problem now appears to be worse. Not getting any channels. I"ll go to the tv guide, choose a channel that i've previously had no problem with and it freezes the whole program. Had to CNTL/ALT/DELETE out of it. This happened in de-bug mode as well. I've got the bug report, but can't see a link here to post it.

Any help wouuld be greatly appreciated.

Strattos

Portal Member
September 24, 2010
Home Country
Thanks to those who have had a look at my thread, but by the looks no-one has solutions, including me still.

One thing I've found out on another forum is to enable auto-offset, as some regional centres use frequencies that are slightly different to what the Hauppauge 2200 scans by default. Apparently it's a registry setting you need to make, but the link on the site below, where I got the info from, is dead.

I found this out here: Hauppauge HVR-2200 Gold Coast RESOLVED

Even though this specific problems relates to the Gold Coast here in Australia, apparently many regional centres have similar issues. Does anyone know how to enable this auto-offset?

Also, if it's any help, this the frequency I'm having trouble with: 184.500. This frequency is found when I do a re-scan (after uninstalling and reinstalling the card), but for some reason, after a day or so, I end up getting NO SIGNAL, even those these channels are still listed within Mediaportal TV config, with the aforementioned frequency.

Strattos

Portal Member
September 24, 2010
Home Country
Hi all. Please ignore this thread. Got my problems sorted after finally tracking down the auto-offset registry settings. Problem solved, works like a treat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom