Losing Remote w/ External Player for DVD/Disc Images. (1 Viewer)

luci5r

Portal Pro
May 30, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Experiencing a strange issue.

With my MediaPortal 1.13, on my Windows 10 HTPC, I use MovingPictures for movies, and have Cyberlink PowerDVD 15 Ultra setup as the external player for ISO's. This combination works flawlessly - no problems. All my BD & DVD ISO's launch in PowerDVD, remote control works fine & everything works flawlessly.

I went ahead & set the "Use external player" option under MediaPortal Configuration for DVD/Disc Images, and set the path & parameters exactly the same as I have in MovingPictures.

When I play a DVD in MediaPortal (TV Series or Music Videos), it does launch PowerDVD and start playing the DVD ISO - however - I lose my remote control. I can no longer use my remote control - it loses all connectivity with MediaPortal. I can use a Keyboard to navigate & control; but even if I close PowerDVD manually, my remote control doesn't function anymore. I have to restart MediaPortal to get the remote control back.

It's odd because I'm using the same options & parameters, and MovingPictures launches ISO's in PowerDVD and I don't lose remote. Remote functions as normal and everything works flawlessly. But launching DVD ISO's using the MediaPortal external player options makes me lose remote.

I'm able to use the internal MediaPortal DVD player for playing DVD's, but I prefer the external player. The menu and intros on some of my DVD ISO's hesitate using the MediaPortal built-in DVD ISO player; but they work flawlessly using external player like PowerDVD.

Logs are attached.

Settings in MediaPortal Configuration to use External Player for DVD ISO's -- Loses remote:

MP_012916_A.png

Settings in MovingPictures Configuration to use External Player for ISO's -- Does not lose remote:

MP_012916_B.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi Entdecker I also have an LG BD drive (HLDT-ST) and yes is is also loud, both seeking and sometimes from I think when the motor is revved up and can stay on loud high speed for a while, with both DVDs and BDs. In contrast the Pioneer one on me desktop is almost noiseless.
Hi Entdecker I also have an LG BD drive (HLDT-ST) and yes is is also loud, both seeking and sometimes from I think when the motor...
I have a recently purchased DVD that won't play on my htpc. It seems to load ok but the screen just shows a short red strip on a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I want to see from into MePo an iso DVD and an ISO Bluray disc, but whe they run into MePo I see a green screen without audio. I configured the video and audio codecs following the video playback guide available on this forum. I have to say that recently I uninstalled a video card to put it in another office PC and now for...
Hello, I want to see from into MePo an iso DVD and an ISO Bluray disc, but whe they run into MePo I see a green screen without...
Hello, I want to see from into MePo an iso DVD and an ISO Bluray disc, but whe they run into MePo I see a green screen without...
Replies
Views
upon a second look at MP Config, there is no latency setting... only "Repeat delay" and "Repeat speed" settings, not even in Windows is there a setting for latency for HID devices. If the remote doesn't have those settings in the MyHarmony setup, then there is no recourse. :(
upon a second look at MP Config, there is no latency setting... only "Repeat delay" and "Repeat speed" settings, not even in...
I have a Logitech Harmony 650 remote and Microsoft 1040 IR receiver which I used successfully for several years on a home-built PC...
Replies
Views
Thanks. Your screenshot is showing the "TVGuide", the mentioned "MiniEPG" appears, if you press "enter" or "OK" during Live-TV. But you're right, the channel arrow and PIP button are not reachable by mouse, something insibile is overlapping them and preventing focus. I'll fix that. Anyway, I'll provide a new installer to you soon...
Thanks. Your screenshot is showing the "TVGuide", the mentioned "MiniEPG" appears, if you press "enter" or "OK" during Live-TV. But...
I have a new tuner card (Hauppauge model 01609: WinTV-quadHD). It has four tuners and also an IR remote control. I can't figure...
Replies
Views
Solved!! After testing the procedure on the old machine I uninstalled the LAV filters before re-installing MediaPortal and that did the trick! Thanks all for your help with this.
Solved!! After testing the procedure on the old machine I uninstalled the LAV filters before re-installing MediaPortal and that did...
I recently installed MediaPortal 2.4 on a new computer and copied several TV shows from the previous one to an external drive...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom