Loss of sound after 1st playback (1 Viewer)

mryom

Portal Member
April 8, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi

Got a little issue with my sound...

Have a ATI X1600 with HDMI port, this card support audio over the HDMI kabel aswell picture. The way it's supplied with audio is via S/PDIF(either via internal or external connector, have tried both).

So the onboard soundcard supplie audio via S/PDIF to the gfx card which sends it via HDMI kabel to my plasma tv.

This works fine in windows(when MP in NOT running), I can play dvd's. mp3's, ect. without any issue.

But when i use MP I have NO problem playing the first dvd, tv live stream, avi ect. but when im done watching(what ever im watching), all audio is gone... No audio in the MP menu's, no audio doing any kind of playback. If i quit MP and tries to play something in windows now, no audio aswell. I need to reboot in order to get audio back.

All this seems to be an issue only to the use of S/PDIF, cause if I put in a pair of headphone in an analog port on the back of my HTPC, i do get audio.

I really cant get my head around this unless its a MP error, as it only failes in MP.

Hope some one can help :D

MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0
Windows Version: Win XP SP2
CPU Type: AMD X2 3800+
HDD: 120GB WD SATA
Memory: 1GB
Motherboard: ASUS M2N-VM DH
Motherboard Chipset: nForce 430
Motherboard Bios: Newest
Video Card: ATI X1600 Pro HDMI
Video Card Driver: CAT 7.11
Sound Card: Onboard ADI AD1988 (SoundMAX HD)
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.1.6110

mryom

Portal Member
April 8, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Sorry... Worked it out ... after a noticed a new issue...

The problem was the Catalyst Control Center... So the solution was to uninstall the CCC with ATI's uninstaller. And then just install the display drivers of ATI's website!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom