[further infos missing] Lost CI after recording (1 Viewer)

Thor2605

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

With all versions of MP (I have my CA since 1.1.0 RC1) I have the problem, that "sometimes" the CI-module is lost by the tv-server...

Now I figured out what "somtimes" is:
    Everytime when I have a recording with my TV-card with CI the CI-Menu is missing after the recording is finished an no pay-tv channel can be decoded.
    Only if I restart my HTPC or replug the CAM is recognized...

I don't know how to make log, because there is no entry of CI at all!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi there

What brand and model of card is it?
    Can you please:
    1. Delete your logs.
    2. Start a recording of any scrambled channel.
    3. Stop the recording after about 30 seconds.
    4. Attempt to start TV (timeshift) on a different scrambled channel.
    5. Post the TV Server logs here.

(It doesn't matter if there is no CI entries in the logs.)

Thor2605

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Lost CI after recording

First of all sorry for the late answer:

I did at least your testing:

I attached 3 different logs.

Scrambled Recording:
    There I recorded a scrambled channel for about 30 seconds. After stopping the recording I tuned to another scrambled channel.

Unscrambled Recording:
    There I recorded an unscrambled channel for about 30 seconds. After stopping the recording I tuned to a scrambled channel.

Unscrambled Recording while watching another provider:
    There I recorded an unscrambled channel with my CI-TV-card, while I whatched another provider with my second TV-card. After stopping I tuned to a scrambled channel.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Scrambled Record.zip
      544.4 KB
    • Unscrambled Record.zip
      547 KB
    • Unscrambled Recording while whatching another provider.zip
      536.7 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

Thank you for the logs. According to those logs there does not seem to be anything wrong...

Having said that, I have seen that you have posted quite a few threads in the German section of the forum complaining that the CI menu option disappears or that descrambling is not possible after resuming your computer from standby with PowerScheduler. This thread seems to be another thread about the same problem. I have not yet seen any logs from you that show the problems that you want us to fix. Logs are very important! If you want us be able to fix a problem then you need to post logs that show the problem. In other words, in this case you need to post TV Server logs that show that the CAM is working before standby, and then after resume it is lost. You should also post TV Server logs that show a recording on a scrambled channel starting, and that when the recording finishes, the CAM is not able to decrypt other channels.

I hope you are able to understand what I said above clearly. Basically, we (the team) can do nothing to fix problems without good logs that show the reason for the problems you are experiencing...

Thor2605

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Lost CI after recording

I think, that the standby problem of PowerScheduler is not the same problem...

I only use PowerScheduler to let my htpc sleep after a recording at night. So there this is the same! After recording the CI module is lost.

At this time I thought, that this is caused by PowerScheduler but now I found out that's the recording progress...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: AW: Lost CI after recording

I think, that the standby problem of PowerScheduler is not the same problem...

I only use PowerScheduler to let my htpc sleep after a recording at night. So there this is the same! After recording the CI module is lost.

At this time I thought, that this is caused by PowerScheduler but now I found out that's the recording progress...

Hi again

Okay that is fine - it may be two problems. Like I said before, I still need logs to show me what is going wrong. Your first logs in this thread did not show any problems...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom