Low profile bracket GT430? (Sparkle GeForce GT430-1G P) (1 Viewer)

MPM

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I'm looking for a low profile passive cooled GT430. The only one that seems to fit the description is:
    http://sparkletw.com/products/geforce-gt-430-1g-p/

Does anybody have experience with it, especially with MP and SAF?

I cannot see any info about if low profile bracket is included or not. Do you know?
    If not, how does that work in general - can I buy a universal low profile bracket kit and mount it to the card or is it only with some cards that the bracket can be exchanged?

For example:
    http://www.eworldsale.com/xfx-acces...cluding-3-brackets-1-vga-port_8633_13263.html

Thanks,
    MPM

Caesium

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2011
    Solihull
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have one. It didn't come with a low profile bracket.

I'm planning on just chopping up the fullheight one and re-welding it back together at some point, for now it's just in with no bracket at all :)

As for decoding video, under LAV+CUVID it's fine for everything I've thrown at it, up to and including 1080i at 60Hz with Vector-Adaptive deinterlacing. DXVA2 less so, but that might be due more to the young state of LAV's DXVA2 decoder.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I got the ASUS Geforce GT 430 1GB VGA/DVI/HDMI LP SILENT. It has a low profile bracket, but the card itself is taller than the bracket, so now I can't keep the lid on my HTPC. *facepalm* I still use it though. :)

Emph

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I sold this one : GeForce GT 430 Series - SXT4301024S3LNMP. This had a LowProfil Bracket in the Box

And this card works very well for me. I only have installed LAV. So TV and Video using LAV.
    The only tweak i did, was to install a modded Tesla/Quadro driver instead of using a Gforce driver

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom