Low Profile TV Card: DVB-C for KabelDeutschland (1 Viewer)

Zeppelin

Portal Pro
August 5, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi there,

I'm currently planning my first HTPC and it's all getting a bit complicated about which case and TV card to use...

It's definitely going to be a Ivy Bridge i3 build on either the ASRock H67M-ITX or the ASRock H67M (depending on the case). As case I'm currently thinking of the MS-Tech MC-1200 Rev. D (http://www.ms-tech.de/ger/index.php/product/detail/pdcid/66/pdid/163). It's pricy, good looking and (a key point for me) compatible with a Logitech Harmony.

The problem now is which TV Card to use. At first I thought of the Mystique Cabix-C2, which seems to work perfectly with Mediaportal. Unfortunately it's no low profile card and therefore won't work in the case.

So, I'm now looking for either a low profile intern TV Card or a extern solution which will fit the following points:
- DVB-C, lots of HD material
- Cable Provider is german KabelDeutschland
- needs to have a CI-Slot (already have an alphacrypt light)
- needs to work absolutely flawless with Mediaportal

As for the price it would be nice not to spend more than 100€ for it, but if there's need to spend more I will.

Thanks in advance for any help!

PS: Greetings by the way ;)

Edit: Antworten auf Deutsch helfen mir natürlich auch ;)

Zeppelin

Portal Pro
August 5, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hmm, thanks for the reply, that's unfortunately the one I wanted to avoid due to the price.

So if there would be a good pricier option it would be nice. What I can add is, that I don't need a dual tuner... If I'd like to record it would be when I'm not watching something else, at least for the moment.

Greets

sunflower

Portal Pro
February 28, 2007
Cologne
Home Country
Germany Germany
Well, the only alternative I had a good experience with is the Digital Everywhere Fire-DTV or Floppy-DTV.
They are not quite as stable as the Cine CT due to the firewire connection, but worked fine for a long time.
Unfortunately they are not produced anymore, but still can be bought.
I still have two of them I don't use anymore.

Am German, too, but write in English to make the information open for all.

Last edited:

Zeppelin

Portal Pro
August 5, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Ok, would of course be pricier.
But what do you mean with "not as stable"
The card should be for daily use, so I need it stable or my girlfriend will drive me insane ;)

But 250 for the cine CT + CI are quite a price...

sunflower

Portal Pro
February 28, 2007
Cologne
Home Country
Germany Germany
or my girlfriend will drive me insane
I know this problem...!

From time to time, not very often, Windows did not see the card any more. Reboot solved the problem. This might be due to the firewire hardware and not the TV card.
But I know that firewire is less stable than usb, so it might be a general problem. Might also be that my cards are too old and slowly dying
Many users in the community used the fire-dtv without problems, and so did I for a long time.

Now, I built up an entirely new system, so I changed the TV card , too.

Last edited:

Zeppelin

Portal Pro
August 5, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Ok, thanks so far!

If anyone else knows a cheaper internal alternative to the Cine Ct I would be glad to hear about it!

noxious

Portal Pro
December 26, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Well about 1 month ago I had the same problem. I finally got an Octopus CT incl. CI for 110€ on eBay... but took about 2-3 months to get it that cheap. There is almost no useable low profile tv card for dvb-c :(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom