Lyrics and Last.fm MP 1.2.0 (1 Viewer)

petecallaghan

Portal Member
January 15, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I've searched for any threads relating to this issue, without luck, so apologies if this is a duplicate.

I have upgraded to MP 1.2.0 with StreamedMP and I'm using MyLyrics 1.6.11

A problem that appeared to be fixed some time ago in MP 1.1.x has reappeared:

If I play a stream in Last.fm and then switch to MyLyrics the current track information gets replaced with a long stream of characters. As a result MyLyrics can no longer display lyrics for tracks played by Last.fm.

Any ideas?

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Sorry, I haven't much insight in the implementation of the MP music and streaming features. So I cannot point out which change in the latest versions of MP, that can have caused the issue. You should enter a bug report in the music section. Also, note in your reply which stream you are listening to (if there is more than one) and all other informations that you can give.

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi petecallaghan,

Are you sure that it's MyLyrics 1.6.11 because I cannot find that version - most recent version seems to be 1.6.1.0

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    ;) No problem but where did you find that version?
    I have searched the plugins download section, wiki and forum but didn't find that one.

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Aaaah, there they are!
    Didn't remember that they have an external source/site. :oops:

Thanks a lot!

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Same here. The version 1.6.1.1 downloaded from Extensions plugin inside mediaportal from date 09/03/2011.

When accessing to My lyrics, it shows No Mysic File is playing and changes the played song info (artist, title....) by a long number like: E515F112263F83E8F45910845D79C91 (thats an actual replaced name) and no liric is shown.
    I've also Streamed MP but happens the same with Default Wide skin.

Thanks
    A

petecallaghan

Portal Member
    January 15, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Same here. The version 1.6.1.1 downloaded from Extensions plugin inside mediaportal from date 09/03/2011.

When accessing to My lyrics, it shows No Mysic File is playing and changes the played song info (artist, title....) by a long number like: E515F112263F83E8F45910845D79C91 (thats an actual replaced name) and no liric is shown.
    I've also Streamed MP but happens the same with Default Wide skin.

Thanks
    A

I've done a bit more investigation on this, getting different behaviour from different music players.

• BASS Player: Loses the song info in my lyrics for Last.fm (shows long numbers instead), intermittently loses the current track info in music views
    • DShow player: does not lose the song info in my lyrics for last.fm but reports "no file playing" for Last.fm music in my lyrics (no cryptic long numbers), much less likely to lose current track info in music views
    • PureAudio: does not lose song info in my lyrics - shows lyrics for Last.fm music (hurrah!), does not intermittently lose current track info, reliably crashes MP after 1 track in Last.fm (Doh!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom