Lyrics with Last.FM or Shoutcast (1 Viewer)

efla

Portal Pro
September 6, 2007
Just an idea, I think that it would be great if the My Lyrics plugin would also be able to gather lyrics when music is coming for instance from Last.FM or ShoutCast, which both are sending the artist name as well a song title.

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Just an idea, I think that it would be great if the My Lyrics plugin would also be able to gather lyrics when music is coming for instance from Last.FM or ShoutCast, which both are sending the artist name as well a song title.
    Great idea. However I belive that rtv (MP core dev) once listed that the support for Last.FM and/or ShoutCast isn't possible. I'll check with him and come back.

Vattenmelon

Portal Pro
    June 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I'm working on a plugin myself that plays http streams and I only get "No media playing" when entering MyLyrics. I'lll guess it is some of the same problem as Shoutcast and Last.fm have, or is there some property or something else I can do to make MyLyrics "detect" that something is playing?

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I'm working on a plugin myself that plays http streams and I only get "No media playing" when entering MyLyrics. I'lll guess it is some of the same problem as Shoutcast and Last.fm have, or is there some property or something else I can do to make MyLyrics "detect" that something is playing?
    The plugin is simple using the g_Player.CurrentFile properly of MP which explains why it always will show the "No media playing" for music and video streams. If there is a way to get some information on the stream such as artist and title of the currently played song, then I will be happy to include this. It there some sort of player class for streams in MP with information about artist and title?

At least I change the info text a bit so it is a bit more occurate.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So how about it..... I take it the info tag is not provided via the core messaging system from within Mediaportal.... Do we have any news about this..... Are any of the core developers looking into this that we know of??? Thanks

heintje

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That`s bad :-(

It would be a very nice feature!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom